1. shopping for brand partners
    the part i hate the most
    (hoping i've misunderstood)
  2. new U2 album same as new diapers model??

3. Well, if they're shopping for brand partners, it could mean that they are looking to kick off a tour soon. U2 partnered with Blackberry for their 360 tour, so the fact that they are looking for brand partners is a good thing.
  4. April, wtf that's another 6 months
  5. I think they are gonna go ATYCLB on us..... The last three albums they took very long, while the 2 albums before (Pop and Zooropa) had some pressure and were good.

Or maybe they really reinvent themselves, but I can't see that happening.
  6. This is all crazy. I hope I'm still asleep and having a bad, very bad nightmare.
  7. welcome to my nightmare

(do you like my quote Drew?)
  8. Well this sucks.
  9. How on God's green earth does this suck?

They're going to make a massive announcement on the most watched television program of the entire year.

They're looking for someone to sponsor it? So what! Super Bowl ad time literally costs about $4 million. It's a great way to offset your cost a bit and still reach about as many Americans at once as humanly possible.

U2 IS BACK! And you guys are complaining?! It's taking awhile, but it's already taken SO long! We can wait another few months for the official announcement and then the album! THE GEARS ARE TURNING!

There will be a tour! There's going to be a new stage, new setlists, new concerts, new stories, new U2start members, new users meeting for the first time, new collectibles, new takes on old songs.......we should NOT be complaining about a quasi-announcement that finally puts us on a timelined road to getting this site back to HUGE like it was over the 360 tour!

I wanna break the boards with Kieran and Olof. I want to run setlist parties. I want to start the official thread for the Chicago stop. I want to rank the songs on the album every week. I want to see old users come back to shoot the shit.

I am excited. And you should be too.