1. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:How on God's green earth does this suck?

They're going to make a massive announcement on the most watched television program of the entire year.

They're looking for someone to sponsor it? So what! Super Bowl ad time literally costs about $4 million. It's a great way to offset your cost a bit and still reach about as many Americans at once as humanly possible.

U2 IS BACK! And you guys are complaining?! It's taking awhile, but it's already taken SO long! We can wait another few months for the official announcement and then the album! THE GEARS ARE TURNING!

There will be a tour! There's going to be a new stage, new setlists, new concerts, new stories, new U2start members, new users meeting for the first time, new collectibles, new takes on old songs.......we should NOT be complaining about a quasi-announcement that finally puts us on a timelined road to getting this site back to HUGE like it was over the 360 tour!

I wanna break the boards with Kieran and Olof. I want to run setlist parties. I want to start the official thread for the Chicago stop. I want to rank the songs on the album every week. I want to see old users come back to shoot the shit.

I am excited. And you should be too.

I'm sold. I'm excited!!! Great post
  2. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:How on God's green earth does this suck?

They're going to make a massive announcement on the most watched television program of the entire year.

They're looking for someone to sponsor it? So what! Super Bowl ad time literally costs about $4 million. It's a great way to offset your cost a bit and still reach about as many Americans at once as humanly possible.

U2 IS BACK! And you guys are complaining?! It's taking awhile, but it's already taken SO long! We can wait another few months for the official announcement and then the album! THE GEARS ARE TURNING!

There will be a tour! There's going to be a new stage, new setlists, new concerts, new stories, new U2start members, new users meeting for the first time, new collectibles, new takes on old songs.......we should NOT be complaining about a quasi-announcement that finally puts us on a timelined road to getting this site back to HUGE like it was over the 360 tour!

I wanna break the boards with Kieran and Olof. I want to run setlist parties. I want to start the official thread for the Chicago stop. I want to rank the songs on the album every week. I want to see old users come back to shoot the shit.

Count on me for all things board breaking.
  3. Matt, I WAS excited. I think I've been one of the biggest positivo's when it comes to new music. Even when they announced "Haïti mon amour"...

But the lastest developments all lead towards an even more commercial band imo. Live Nation and the manager of Madonna (although he'll do good things as well), looking for commercial partners, the fact several members said they're out of inspiration, working with Danger Mouse...

Sorry, but these aren't signs of a band on the edge of a new wave of music. It sounds like a band who has proven everything and now sells its soul and its independance to a bigger power.

And now don't call me dramatic, you know they aren't going to release a song à la Zooropa for the Superbowl. Chances are far bigger they'll do a little Coldplay and release enjoyable radiosongs, with little depth.

That's why I think it sucks.

I hope I'm wrong in april.
  4. All fair arguments, my friend.
  5. I wish I was as excited as you are, but I'm just very very afraid this is going to be the disappointment of the century...

Now that I had my rant, I'll probably still follow all the U2-news, naïve as I am.
  6. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:How on God's green earth does this suck?

Love this. Excited to finally have some news that seems legit. Bring it on!
  7. I agree with both of you, this could be a beginning of a new, great, innovative era, or the beginning of the end when we will start to say, "things weren't this bad when Paul McGuiness was in charge"
  8. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:How on God's green earth does this suck?

There will be a tour! There's going to be a new stage, new setlists, new concerts, new
    stories, new U2start members, new users meeting for the first time, new collectibles, new takes on old songs.......we should NOT be complaining about a quasi-announcement that finally puts us on a timelined road to getting this site back to HUGE like it was over the 360 tour!

I would have to agree, I like your vision!
  9. Well, after reading the last posts, I'm excited and feeling nervous at the same time.
  10. The want to be relevant is part of the DNA of the band whether we like it or not. We have to live with that. It also produced their best album.
  11. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:The want to be relevant is part of the DNA of the band whether we like it or not. We have to live with that. It also produced their best album.

All That You Can't Leave Behind? I agree