1. ^ When you don't listen or take note of feedback, you end up with half of ATYCLB.
  2. Gimme more of that then
  3. To hell with the 'real fans' whoever they are. U2 care too much about the public's perception of their art. Isn't that part of the reason why it's taking them so long to release a mere 12 songs. I hope U2 really challenge their audience with the new album and don't just put out another 'album by committee' that is afraid to upset 'real fans' and lacks a proper cohesive artistic focus like NLOTH.
  4. By the sounds of Ordinary Love I think they've found a good balance there. Danger Mouse knows what sounds and tones are current, which are definitely experimental for U2, so I think it's a two birds one stone type deal we're going to get. Great sounding U2 music with sounds they've never approached before that'll make them sound more "relevant" like Bono wants.
  5. I was going to say that ironically 'Actung Baby' appealed to both hard-core and casual fans, and that you can have it both ways, but I'm not sure this is true. Wasn't there a fair bit of cynicism at the time from portions of both groups that they were turning their backs on a working formula?
  6. I wish i was born earlier, imagine listening to JT with songs like Running to Stand Still, Red Hill Mining Town and Trip Through Your Wires, then within 4 years (less time than NLOTH and now) you put Achtung Baby on for the first time and hear the start of Zoo Station, and then EBTTRT. I would love to know how that felt. Hopefully the new album can acheive that, even if its only a couple of songs.
  7. Well Andrew, it was an amazing time. I am from Melbourne, we didn't get the Joshua tree tour as you know. But the Lovetown tour came to Australia. Then the Fly appeared on the radio and blew us all away.. Achtung Baby was an amazing album to hear for the first time. Zoomerang was a mind blowing tour to see and I managed to meet Bono and the Edge in Melbourne on that tour and they signed my copy of Wide awake in America( the book)
  8. Well Andrew, it was an amazing time. I am from Melbourne, we didn't get the Joshua tree tour as you know. But the Lovetown tour came to Australia. Then the Fly appeared on the radio and blew us all away.. Achtung Baby was an amazing album to hear for the first time. Zoomerang was a mind blowing tour to see and I managed to meet Bono and the Edge in Melbourne on that tour and they signed my copy of Wide awake in America( the book)
  9. I look forward to hearing the new album. I still hope they take some risks and make music they want. Not what millions of sales want. I wish they would take risks like they did on POP. ( a masterpiece in my opinion) " No line" wanted to get there, but the nerves and pressure won. Although I am quite fond of that album. The best since the nineties.
  10. Originally posted by andypow:I look forward to hearing the new album. I still hope they take some risks and make music they want. Not what millions of sales want. I wish they would take risks like they did on POP. ( a masterpiece in my opinion) " No line" wanted to get there, but the nerves and pressure won. Although I am quite fond of that album. The best since the nineties.

Agree word by word.

There was a rumour yesterday regarding a single in late November (again) but then the tweet as deleted and I can't retrieve it. It was from someone who said he knew someone at Universal UK...
  11. Yes, there was indeed a 'single by the end of November' rumour. Well, we'll get a single on Wednesday, so the rumour is in part true... except that it's almost certainly not an album song.

Loved many songs on No Line; was let down by so many others. But I trust the new U2, and Danger Mouse. Next album will kick asses