1. Most of the time, even when they do get signed, nothing happens.
  2. It's not a great gift this year, but we had some really good ones the last 2 years so I'm not going to complain.
    Remember it's a GIFT after all.
  3. Originally posted by BelgianBono:It's not a great gift this year, but we had some really good ones the last 2 years so I'm not going to complain.
    Remember it's a GIFT after all.

Yes, a gift you pay for.
  4. Are people seriously considering about a petition to improve a band's officially website? Mental

5. No, you pay for being part of the site, its exclusive content and its community. The book is a gift.
    And like someone said earlier, you're not obligated to pay and be a member. It is your own choice.
  6. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't last year's subscriber's gift initially just the book of photographs (From the Ground Up) and then a short while later, for whatever reason, they added the CD and free digital downloads to the package?

Hopefully this will be the case this time around, as well.
  7. The book is not a gift. Since when do you have to pay for a gift?
    I'm sure the book will be the typical sycophantic hagiography we come to expect from Stokes and the Hot Press guys, but will look really good from a graphic design point of view, like all U2 product to be fair. Although the seven Ballymun towers imagery on the book cover do give the not exactly accurate impression of the band coming from tough projects housing or something. What's that about? A Jay-Z influence? All in all, it's not a bad 'subscriber's gift and much better than the duals debacle which caused me not to rescrubscribe that year. I'll probably rescrubscribe this year as the 'gift' is ok and there may be a tour on the horizon. Those being realistically the only reasons to part with your hard earned.
  8. I'm not going to repeat myself.

9. Bitchfight !

No seriously, if you don't like what you get for the money, don't (re-)subscribe. It's as simple as that.

Personally I only subscribe to have a bigger chance of scoring tickets.
  10. Originally posted by BelgianBono:[..]

Bitchfight !

No seriously, if you don't like what you get for the money, don't (re-)subscribe. It's as simple as that.

Personally I only subscribe to have a bigger chance of scoring tickets.

+1 to the last sentence
  11. I'm a little bit more excited about the book because I'm going to Dublin at the end of June and I'd like to go around to some of the places mentioned....and I want tickets.