1. Any body here not a U2.com suscriber who would like to buy From the ground up from me for $30 australian dollars?
    I already have one copy and dont need two
  2. I just resubscribed and you can choose just the new book, you don't have to get From The Ground Up. I'm not thrilled about this year's gift but the last two were great and if it means I am for sure going to get tickets I'm cool with $50.
  3. I know I'm probably in the minority but...

I'm sick of all the complaining! $40 is nothing - less than a dollar a week. It's what I would spend on coffee in a week!

For that I get a book which I probably buy anyway so that saves me. I get presale access - and not access that you get from credit cards or live nation where 80,000 people try to get presale access and only 2500 tickets available, genuine presale where you have a very high chance of getting tickets. For me $40 is a bargain for those things alone.

Is it the best site in the world? No. Is it the best fan gathering point/sharing/rumor place? No. If U2.com was the best place going around then we wouldn't need U2Start!
  4. Originally posted by Scott_McD:I know I'm probably in the minority but...

I'm sick of all the complaining! $40 is nothing - less than a dollar a week. It's what I would spend on coffee in a week!

For that I get a book which I probably buy anyway so that saves me. I get presale access - and not access that you get from credit cards or live nation where 80,000 people try to get presale access and only 2500 tickets available, genuine presale where you have a very high chance of getting tickets. For me $40 is a bargain for those things alone.

Is it the best site in the world? No. Is it the best fan gathering point/sharing/rumor place? No. If U2.com was the best place going around then we wouldn't need U2Start!

To me, it wouldn't be such a big deal if they did Duals > This book thing. I wouldn't have expected anything more to be honest.

But U2.com did give us U22 and From the Ground Up, which set the bar a lot higher for future releases. They give us the best release we've ever had and then follow it up with some book about the bands early days (which I don't really care about) and a poster documenting activities in Dublin? Nice.
  5. I'm actually looking forward to the new book, a lot. Always fascinated to hear more about U2 before they were U2.

6. U2.com
    ©2013 U2. Powered by Live Nation Entertainment.

(for whose who dream any future fan benefits from U2 being a new brand of live nation)
  7. Are you saying that as if it's new? Or that's why the new gift is rubbish? Cause I thought the site had been run by Live Nation for a while now
  8. i know
  9. by the way i find the gift nice ... if i won't find it in every bookshop like the previous book