1. Bit of a random thought while I was listening to this tonight.

I reckon it would have made a great track one. NLOTH's great though.

Fez-Being Born 1
    NLOTH 2
    Magnificent 3

Now that would have an awesome opening trio!
  2. Originally posted by Onad4u:This is also one of my favorite tracks on the album, although I should note that I'm also a big Passengers fan. In any event, I agree with those who have suggested this would be a great encore starter with an extended Fez being played over the PA system (or looped) and Larry opening up the live portion with the marching drums from the track. You could then sequentially add in Adam, Edge's signature guitar line, and eventually an extended version of that "Oh-Oa" Bono opening. The problem playing this track live is the keyboards, layers, and atmospherics. Similar to how I believe they've done Unforgettable Fire and Bad live, I think they would have to be play the song live over a recorded background track.

Spot on how I was thinking, and I love Passengers too.
  3. They should've dropped the lyrics (although they are great). Would have been an amazing instrumental. And they should try this one out on tour.
  4. Originally posted by aussiemofo:Bit of a random thought while I was listening to this tonight.

I reckon it would have made a great track one. NLOTH's great though.

Fez-Being Born 1
    NLOTH 2
    Magnificent 3

Now that would have an awesome opening trio!

I agree with you except for the fact that I love No Line so much that I wouldn't want it in another place other than first.
  5. I really hated once I heard it, the first time. Now, a few months later, I think the beginning is a lovely piece of music. I prefer the first part of the song definately. The guitar work is great and Bono's voice is fantastic. Not sure if it woul work live though.
  6. Originally posted by dferryachtungbaby:I really hated once I heard it, the first time. Now, a few months later, I think the beginning is a lovely piece of music. I prefer the first part of the song definately. The guitar work is great and Bono's voice is fantastic. Not sure if it woul work live though.

It would be a great opener in my opinon

7. Love it as well. It would really work as an opener I think. Lights off, intro starts. B-man gets himself on the outter circle and starts to yell the ''ooooohs'', with the lights switched on, and they're off!
  8. Originally posted by MirrorballBoy:[..]

Love it as well. It would really work as an opener I think. Lights off, intro starts. B-man gets himself on the outter circle and starts to yell the ''ooooohs'', with the lights switched on, and they're off!

I could only imagine the looks on the faces of the people here in America if they did that on this leg lol. If they don't know Breathe, No Line, etc.. just imagine what the crowd reaction would be if they did this
  9. not sure it would work as an opener... really want to hear it live though.
  10. I really enjoy Fez/Being Born. But I think I would classify it as the worst song on the album. (That or White As Snow). That being said I still really really like these songs (I guess that means I really, really like this album too!)
  11. I dig this song. Don't think it is in the league of Passengers/Zooropa though. It's not that experimental. It just is a really great tune and to me it absolutely would be a killer opening. Every opening not being NLOTH or Fez-Being Born is completely incomprehensible to me anyway but who am I. (Yeah boys opening with a three-four is a good idea NOT)