1. This is also one of my favorite tracks on the album, although I should note that I'm also a big Passengers fan. In any event, I agree with those who have suggested this would be a great encore starter with an extended Fez being played over the PA system (or looped) and Larry opening up the live portion with the marching drums from the track. You could then sequentially add in Adam, Edge's signature guitar line, and eventually an extended version of that "Oh-Oa" Bono opening. The problem playing this track live is the keyboards, layers, and atmospherics. Similar to how I believe they've done Unforgettable Fire and Bad live, I think they would have to be play the song live over a recorded background track.
  2. atmospheric genius. reminds me of radiohead
  3. Originally posted by mat76:[..]

I think the Being Born part could be (a version of) Tripoli.

From Q article:

[..]

The lyrics to Being Born seem to describe this.

I already said that Being Born and Tripoli are equivalent and posted evidence somewhere back in the album discussion thread.

It seems like basically all the songs on the album, have undergone a name change.
  4. this song is not very good compared to the rest of the album, and sounds like Gary Numan!
  5. I really think it is one of their best songs I love it
  6. Oh my gosh. I absolutely adore this song. I cannot get it out of my head.
    Fez soothes me then that guitar kicks in. Amazing.
    Most innovative thing I've heard from U2 since '93.

5 stars on my iPod, favourite track.

(Based on 5 listens)
  7. Growing on me, but still in the bottom third of the album.
  8. I think I heard a flourescent light, or a similar effect, in this song.

9. best vocal since 93 aswell.

EDIT : though I was talking about Moment Of Surrender which is his best vocal in yonks.

This track has a wierd but wonderful vocal
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

best vocal since 93 aswell.

EDIT : though I was talking about Moment Of Surrender which is his best vocal in yonks.

This track has a wierd but wonderful vocal

Agreed on both counts.

The guitar part is currently being processed to be my ring tone (1.02 - 1.30).

Might make the '6'oclock' part my alarm call too......