1. finally !!

2. Thank God some news! Could have done with an earlier date, but I guess we have the first single in January to tie us over.
  3. Wrong post
  4. Awesome - best news of the day! Now all we need is the tracklisting and we should be set.

5. I'm hoping for some more news by the end of the year. That's not too much too ask is it?
  6. OMG this is so great!!
    I hope to God that this album is good, they've had long enough to work on it
    As someone said earlier (Can't remember who it was, sorry ) I doubt that Mercy will be on this album, I like the song and all, but it's been so long that I have a feeling we may just hear bits and pieces of it in other songs (Lady With A Spinning Head, for example) but if it makes it, I'll be happy
    Just give us some tour dates that involve you going to VA, and I won't need any other Christmas presents lol
  7. Originally posted by katherine94:OMG this is so great!!
    I hope to God that this album is good, they've had long enough to work on it
    As someone said earlier (Can't remember who it was, sorry ) I doubt that Mercy will be on this album, I like the song and all, but it's been so long that I have a feeling we may just hear bits and pieces of it in other songs (Lady With A Spinning Head, for example) but if it makes it, I'll be happy
    Just give us some tour dates that involve you going to VA, and I won't need any other Christmas presents lol

I really think Moment of Surrender is the re-worked Mercy. This is of course, a theory; but one of the early reports from Fez mentions an "epic story telling piece seeming to last seven or eight minutes"....first thing I thought of upon hearing that was Mercy (although now that i think of it it's not really a story), and we know now that MOS is almost eight minutes long. Surrender seems like a theme of Mercy so it's possible that it turned into something else while they were working on it.
  8. Originally posted by thefly07:[..]

I really think Moment of Surrender is the re-worked Mercy. This is of course, a theory; but one of the early reports from Fez mentions an "epic story telling piece seeming to last seven or eight minutes"....first thing I thought of upon hearing that was Mercy (although now that i think of it it's not really a story), and we know now that MOS is almost eight minutes long. Surrender seems like a theme of Mercy so it's possible that it turned into something else while they were working on it.

I actually hope they haven't fiddled around with it too much if it's going on the new album. I love the song. As I think I said in a much earlier post, I believe it's one of the best songs they've recorded in the last 10 years. I still can't understand why it got bumped off Bomb. It's better than most of the songs on that album.
  9. Originally posted by aussiemofo:[..]

I actually hope they haven't fiddled around with it too much if it's going on the new album. I love the song. As I think I said in a much earlier post, I believe it's one of the best songs they've recorded in the last 10 years. I still can't understand why it got bumped off Bomb. It's better than most of the songs on that album.

Because it absolutely doesn't fit with the rest of the album

And don't start about Bomb having no line in it and none of the songs fit together, cause that isn't true

And I got the same theory as Jake: Mercy won't be as a track on the album: it's massivly re-edited and it's now Moment Of Surrender.
    Or like Katherine says: This era's Lady With The Spinning Head