1. Originally posted by MWSAH:[..]

Just a press release indeed, even the title says so. Anyway, as a creative s*n of a bitch I'm always interested in cover-art and such. This picture has been edited of course and the main color is blue. Larry even dressed himself to become in harmony with the picture. My feeling says this new album will have blue as a main color. We haven't seen that before with U2. Maybe AB had some blue in it.

nicely analysed after that red/black period some strong blue would be great imo. atyclb was b/w, yet it always gave me a 'blue' feeling.. am really curious what the design will be like. hope we'll get to see a cover soon!
  2. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgghhhhh

Amazing news

Cannot believe we will probably here the new Single within the next 30 days or so, don't need any Christmas Presents now......
  3. Happy birthday to me!!!!

4. I think I just died...

As yeah said, I WANT TOUR DATES!!!!

How will they tour? I wanna say Summer Tour 2009 in the US, because that's what I heard from someone blah blah blah. I can finally sleep now too.

If U2 play Boston April 6th that will go down as the greatest day ever.
  5. anyone still expecting Mercy on this album? I know we had heard at one point it would be, but i think that was before the Fez sessions, not sure. I'm not so certain it will be any more, i've gotten the impression that the material is from the sessions of the last year or so, but of course i could be wrong.
  6. Originally posted by thefly07:anyone still expecting Mercy on this album? I know we had heard at one point it would be, but i think that was before the Fez sessions, not sure. I'm not so certain it will be any more, i've gotten the impression that the material is from the sessions of the last year or so, but of course i could be wrong.

I agree with you. That seems to be a stage in the past that they'd like to put behind them now. But, true, you never know.

Although if we ignore the "Not Official" stamp on that tracklisting on U2Spain.com, I guess it is on there!

No Line in '09!
  7. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:[..]

I agree with you. That seems to be a stage in the past that they'd like to put behind them now. But, true, you never know.

Although if we ignore the "Not Official" stamp on that tracklisting on U2Spain.com, I guess it is on there!

No Line in '09!

haven't seen that tracklisting on U2spain......and No Line in 09...love it

EDIT: just checked it out...why post an unofficial tracklist? lol....much better to just have a running order of the names that have been mentioned....that has Lead Me in the Way I Should Go which was a Bomb contender...highly highly doubt that's on NOLTH (we can use this for real now!! )
  8. Can't wait!!!
  9. great news
  10. lol...Quite funny how this seems to give us even more questions
    And I go with Casper: I also constantly get the feeling that the album will be 'blue'. But what would be the theme? HTDAAB had science, ATYCLB had love and maybe traveling, Pop had God/Religion, so what would this be about?
  11. Originally posted by markp91:lol...Quite funny how this seems to give us even more questions
    And I go with Casper: I also constantly get the feeling that the album will be 'blue'. But what would be the theme? HTDAAB had science, ATYCLB had love and maybe traveling, Pop had God/Religion, so what would this be about?

I don't think they have quite so simple, clear cut themes, HTDAAB was a 'paen to naievity' according to Bono, which is the closest thing it has to a 'theme'. This 'naievity' is quite evident, in the earnest lyrics of songs such as COBL, SYCMIOYO etc, that is a rejection of the 'knowledge/wisdom/sarcasm' present on their 90s albums.

I think NLOTH will have similar themes, though perhaps they will be less personal than HTDAAB and more 'panoramic' like the JT,TUF etc.
  12. Originally posted by thefly07:anyone still expecting Mercy on this album? I know we had heard at one point it would be, but i think that was before the Fez sessions, not sure. I'm not so certain it will be any more, i've gotten the impression that the material is from the sessions of the last year or so, but of course i could be wrong.

I'm beginning to doubt Mercy will be on this new album, it's been kicking around a long time and I wonder if it will fit with the more recent material, time will tell.