1. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3Go to two.

You will not regret it.

ugh i know i want to! it's just farther away and it's on a day when my day at school's full and i have class all day the next WE'LL SEE.
  2. Paul is a nice chap. He always looks a moody git but I gave him a nod during Crack The Shutters and he nodded back.

Got my hand on a drumstick when a roadie threw them into the crowd but I got mobbed by a load of teenage girls so I let them have it.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoyPaul is a nice chap. He always looks a moody git but I gave him a nod during Crack The Shutters and he nodded back.

Got my hand on a drumstick when a roadie threw them into the crowd but I got mobbed by a load of teenage girls so I let them have it.

Reminds me of Barna1 with my friend Daniel and the drumstick...
  4. Teenage girls and drumsticks... I've had that experience before. Me and like 5 other friends were trying to catch it for one of my friends who was a massive fan of the band and wanted a stick. Some screamy fan girls hatched onto it when we caught it and about 8 of us spent 10 minutes holding onto this one drumstick, until the girls finally let go. Bloody irritating.

Glad you enjoyed it Gerard. I was thinking of seeing them in Glasgow but thought against it. What was the atmosphere like?
  5. Originally posted by KieranU2:Teenage girls and drumsticks... I've had that experience before. Me and like 5 other friends were trying to catch it for one of my friends who was a massive fan of the band and wanted a stick. Some screamy fan girls hatched onto it when we caught it and about 8 of us spent 10 minutes holding onto this one drumstick, until the girls finally let go. Bloody irritating.

Glad you enjoyed it Gerard. I was thinking of seeing them in Glasgow but thought against it. What was the atmosphere like?

It wasn't electric. Sing alongs were all there as were the cheers to Gary's banter but a lot of the kids in GA (I do NOT exaggerate when I say there were that many) were there for Chasing Cars and the stands were full of the older following of the crowd.

Perfectly fine but it didn't have that 'buzz'. I'm gonna travel to see them. It's a bit like U2 never being at their best in Dublin no more.
  6. Tonight was fun. More so than Monday. 3 set changes. New York and Garden Rules were out sadly but we got In The End, Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking (ohh yes) and You Could Be Happy. Crowd seemed more fun than Monday.

Gary confirmed they would be back in the summer but then asked us not to take his word for it.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoyTonight was fun. More so than Monday. 3 set changes. New York and Garden Rules were out sadly but we got In The End, Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking (ohh yes) and You Could Be Happy. Crowd seemed more fun than Monday.

Gary confirmed they would be back in the summer but then asked us not to take his word for it.

I wanna hear all 3 of those at the shows i go to D: lucky man going to two shows! Im still having trouble deciding on going to two shows (financially)
  8. Originally posted by germcevoyTonight was fun. More so than Monday. 3 set changes. New York and Garden Rules were out sadly but we got In The End, Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking (ohh yes) and You Could Be Happy. Crowd seemed more fun than Monday.

Great thing man. Glad you had a better show. Any pics this time? And did you have any luck trading your tix for seats?
  9. The Lumia 800 was woeful Sergio. I didn't bother. We stayed GA but backed ourselves against the mixing desk. Great sound and full visuals of a pretty nice stage.
  10. ahh the "sweet spot", yeah... I wished I wasn't that passionate about most bands I see, and I was able to be watch the shows besides the mixing desk.
  11. I'm usually the same always trying to get closer when in GA. Sore neck and poorer sound. It's cool. Being close but I'll be a mixing desk guy for good from now on.
  12. Yeah, mixing desk is possibly the best location if you're not aiming for first row... Moreover, you can do friends with the sound engineers before and after the show, and it can be rewarding (they have plenty of setlists that will give you without having to fight for it like in the first rows).