1. I also love Larry's drumming, especially in the faster songs like Electric Co, Streets, but also in songs like Pride, Bad, and Sunday Bloody Sunday(the song that got me to notice U2, especially the beginning drums, love that drumline)
    As for Bullet, if you give the song When The Levee Breaks by Zeppelin a listen, you can totally hear the Bullet drums in it. I don't know if they stole it, or maybe didn't notice it, (I know Bono says something about Bullet in the making of JT video, and he says something about it's related to Zeppelin) but yea, it is ridiculously close! Just a bit slower. But still, not the same, gotta love the drums from Bullet!
  2. something about Larry's drumming is just instantly recognizable, he can take a simple beat like NYD and just make it something else. fuckin' love him
  3. That would be SBS, The November-part in Please (;) ) and UTEOTW...
  4. Can't forget Hawkmoon 269, Larry's rhythm part there is awesome.
  5. Originally posted by WojBhoyCan't forget Hawkmoon 269, Larry's rhythm part there is awesome.

Hawkmoon 269 is a longtime favorite song of mine. The Love Town live versions are great. I love the slide intros... The live opening of City of Blinding Lights reminds me of it a bit...

The timpani on that is someone else. I haven't my copy of Rattle And Hum here to double-check the name.
  6. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

Hawkmoon 269 is a longtime favorite song of mine. The Love Town live versions are great. I love the slide intros... The live opening of City of Blinding Lights reminds me of it a bit...

The timpani on that is someone else. I haven't my copy of Rattle And Hum here to double-check the name.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the slide intro. tis awesome. I know the timpani isn't Larry but that does add to it, but still, timpani or no, I love the part Larry comes up with, tis like WGRYWH in that it's not a common sort of rhythm that I've encountered, anyway
  7. Originally posted by WojBhoyCan't forget Hawkmoon 269, Larry's rhythm part there is awesome.

The drums in this song are what I listen to when I'm running and I feel like I can't go any farther. It' snot complex or difficult or fancy. But man, it just drives me.
  8. Seconds!
  9. Originally posted by thefly07[..]
    I also got one of his sticks when I saw them in Atlanta, I got one of the Love and Peace sticks

LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY
  10. Originally posted by zooey[..]

The drums in this song are what I listen to when I'm running and I feel like I can't go any farther. It' snot complex or difficult or fancy. But man, it just drives me.

Si signora I don't do the running, and I can't listen to it whilst playing football very easily but I can see what you mean!

Another few to stick here - Mofo, WOWY and Discotheque; I was watching PopMart last night and thought "damn, awesome shit!"
  11. Gotta be SBS for mine. It's certainly U2's most recognisable beat.
    Another one that sticks out certainly live is Numb: the way Larry carries Edge through that non-stop is quite impressive.
  12. Surprised noone mentioned RED HILL MINING TOWN. Larry is the one who makes the song as great as it is

Sunday Bloody Sunday, Acrobat, Like A Song... And of course STREETS