1. I like the drumming on Please.

I also like the simlicity and honesty of Beautiful Day drumming.

Mysterious Ways is a song which I dont think any other band in the world could come up with as its so original so that would have to be my fav.....and of course that song is driven by adam and larry.

Window in the Skies drumming isnt bad either!
  2. Originally posted by walkonrejoice is the best song of larry

Agreed.
    There is a nice drum solo about 2 mins in that really shows is skills early on.
  3. Originally posted by bones44044Always appreciated the man , the cute one ,the driving force, just wanted to know how you rate his best. I am a drummer and have always had alot of fun playing all of U2's stuff. When I was a teenager that is how I learned to play ,listenening to the entire catalog and jamming along. mine rate as follows
    1. Streets love to play this one , it exhausting
    2. Bad the driving snare and the off time hi- hat make this one a must play
    3. God part 2 Larry is the master of the floor tom, first time I heard this I said man that is gonna be hard
    4. The Fly everyone always raves about the guitar in this song (which is amazing ) but the drums deserve their due
    5.In God's Country watch the RH version, that left hand floor tom is not only awesome but difficult.
    6. Pride for the exact same reasons as #5
    7. Acrobat driving force behind this masterpiece
    8 Bullet The Blue Sky especially live this one is insane.
    9.Whos gonna ride your wild hoses love it love it love it.
    10. I Will Follow old school larry at his finest

I pretty much agree with you on all of the ones you've mentioned, other than In God's Country because it's not a beat that I can remember without listening to it lol.

- Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - it's such a different kind of rhythm to other stuff out there and is just part of what proves to be an epic song;
    - The Fly is definitely up there, it's so frenetic and mad, like the song itself;
    - Sunday Bloody Sunday has got to rate highly in my opinion, I don't know if there's anyone who knows rock music and doesn't know that song when they hear the intro;
    - Zoo Station - I know it's not necessarily his most complex piece of rhythm but THE BASS coming from the drums on the Vertigo Tour, fuck me - it could have knocked down the walls of Jericho on its own...;
    - Acrobat's probably the most unique rhythm ever contrived because of its onortodox time sig. (12/8 or something, I think?);
    - Mysterious Ways is probably the grooviest out there;
    - Streets is, like WGRYWH, such a driving force behind the song, if that doesn't get people jumping, I don't know what can;

Other ones to mention - Seconds, Like A Song, The Unforgettable Fire etc.

I could go on and list the entire discography, but that could get tedious...
  4. Out Of Control is a gooden
  5. I'm not sure, but I really like Larry's drumming on live versions of ASOH... listen to the WWIA version for an example (even though it's not live in the technical sense, it is the live version of the song).

Also, Wild Horses is awesome.
  6. Originally posted by haytrainPartially drum loops, but I like "In A Little While"

The only thing I hear on this song are drums loops...
  7. Mine are SBS, WOWY, Streets, Exit (choruses, duh), Mysterious Ways, The Fly, Zoo Station, Acrobat, Daddy's Gonna Pay (Intro), Mofo, Gone, Vertigo, COBL
  8. A lot of good mentions but what about PLEASE? Grooves like a mutha. And live adding the SBS bit to drive home the true meaning of the song, for those that didn't quite 'get it', was an act of pure genius.

Nice one, Lardence!

MOFO is pretty great too.
  9. It has to be Sunday Bloody Sunday in my opinion...it gives me the creeps hehe
  10. Larry is the master of the groove, just listen to all of Achtung Baby, and UTEOTW is one of his best songs,the outro drum fill is just epic and pounding, and watch him play it live at the R&R HOF, he just kills it
  11. Also, I forgot to say... Larry is completely and totally awesome. His drumming will keep making me happy... until he drums his arms off.
  12. Originally posted by bones44044Always appreciated the man , the cute one ,the driving force, just wanted to know how you rate his best. I am a drummer and have always had alot of fun playing all of U2's stuff. When I was a teenager that is how I learned to play ,listenening to the entire catalog and jamming along. mine rate as follows
    1. Streets love to play this one , it exhausting
    2. Bad the driving snare and the off time hi- hat make this one a must play
    3. God part 2 Larry is the master of the floor tom, first time I heard this I said man that is gonna be hard
    4. The Fly everyone always raves about the guitar in this song (which is amazing ) but the drums deserve their due
    5.In God's Country watch the RH version, that left hand floor tom is not only awesome but difficult.
    6. Pride for the exact same reasons as #5
    7. Acrobat driving force behind this masterpiece
    8 Bullet The Blue Sky especially live this one is insane.
    9.Whos gonna ride your wild hoses love it love it love it.
    10. I Will Follow old school larry at his finest

great list you've made there i'm a drummer myself and I obviously love playing their songs, hell i keep time with my sticks if im just in my room late at night can't wait to hear new beats from him in September/October I also got one of his sticks when I saw them in Atlanta, I got one of the Love and Peace sticks