1. Love the new video, BF always has such great ones. Crossfire was a lot of fun too.
  2. Brandon Flowers has a very unique voice, so I'm glad he does these solo albums.
  3. Damn, Flowers is seriously surprising me with this new stuff. It sounds modern and current with Brandon's 80s spin. Love the new song and Can't Deny My Love.
  4. same, the song and video are both so fun and fresh sounding.

it makes most of Flamingo seem really bland in hindsight now, you can tell he was holding back the first time.
  5. Originally posted by wangmaster:same, the song and video are both so fun and fresh sounding.

it makes most of Flamingo seem really bland in hindsight now, you can tell he was holding back the first time.
    I'm not sure that's what it was. I think it sounded too much like a Killers b-side album with all of the things wrong with The Killers on it. I think Battle Born really brought him back to what makes great songs, and couple that with a more modern producer and you've got yourself a great mix. I'm psyched for this to come out. That being said, I sort of wish this discussion was cantered around a new Killers album instead
  6. This new song is really good! Of course I'd love to get a new Killers album instead of this, but if these 2 songs are a glimpse of what they'll do next, I'm happy about it.
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I'm not sure that's what it was. I think it sounded too much like a Killers b-side album with all of the things wrong with The Killers on it. I think Battle Born really brought him back to what makes great songs, and couple that with a more modern producer and you've got yourself a great mix. I'm psyched for this to come out. That being said, I sort of wish this discussion was cantered around a new Killers album instead

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/brandon-flowers-on-solo-effect-im-not-holding-back-on-this-record-20150403

^ an admission from the man himself haha.

you're right as well, though. it didn't help that on Flamingo he was still wasn't over his Day & Age-era phase of writing goofy lyrics about devils and neon tigers and blood types that made no sense.

not that it never worked (there are some great songs from that period) but i'm glad he seems to have put stuff to one side as of late.
  8. liking both of these new song a lot, never get tired of Bradon's voice.
  9. I like Still Want You a lot because it's not super lyric heavy as his songs tend to be. I can't really explain what I mean, but it's sort of like listening to Rush. There are just so many words and things being said that you really need to concentrate to get it all and listen to everything. Sometimes I want Brandon to just be less word-heavy and more musical if that makes any sense. Compare their older stuff to their newer stuff and you'll see what I mean.

Like where other bands would put a riff or something instrumental, or even some "ooohs" Brandon instead puts a set of lyrics. Sometimes it really works, sometimes it's just a little much for me.

Still Want You might be one of my favourite songs from The Killers circle.

10. love it, sounds like it coulda been on Day & Age.