1. As *gospel*? Then we would have at least SOMETHING to listen to
  2. Livenation doesn't want to comment, so I assume it's all true.
  3. gutted just renewed my subscription last week hoping for a tour..........
  4. That's just embarrassing!
  5. Aaaauuuhhhwwww, please close this topic and forget about this new album until it's in the shops!

I fear the whole article in Billboard is all true.
  6. Queue people flipping their shit over this.

Oh wait, it has already happened. Too late.
  7. So this is going to be a absolutely masterpiece double cd! The joshua tree and achtung baby together, born to run and darkness on The edge of town, sgt peppers and more, Just all in.
  8. Originally posted by iTim:Can we take Billboard as gospel and close this topic until the album is released? Or at least until the band have recorded a track for it?

They already have. They even filmed a videoclip for it in a Santa Monica hangar, rings a bell?

Nah, seriously, I'm quite fed up with this. If I keep checking out this topic over and over again it's just because I have to moderate the boards, not because I expect to find anything remotely interesting... So sad, so true.
  9. Are they afraid of Coldplay? Or are they just not capable of making music anymore?

I'm fed up with it, you're not becoming more ''relevant'' when you wait 5 years with a new album. And the choise of new producers also doesn't sound good, two producers who only worked with pop artists.....

Mehhhhhh.....
  10. The scary part is that they did this for a few years in a row now. Who will be surprised if it ends up to be 2016?

They had the Songs of Ascent 'nearly' ready in 2010. With 60 songs from NLOTH and SA sessions to pick from...

Its a bit worrying that fans are becoming desinterested in U2. OL definitely caused a peak in my U2 fanlife, but it seems it will die out long before any new stuff.
  11. At least we will get loads of previously unreleased material in the years after their retirement.