1. Originally posted by BelgianBono:[..]
    Nope. They said all their tapes are somewhere in a safe and they signed an agreement about those tapes never seeing the daylight when someone dies or the band quits.
    source? you're kidding, right?
    what is the point of keeping recordings in 'a safe' if you're never going to use them?

2. God I love that song so much, a great hook, and Thank You as well. I think it would have been a great direction to go down with those tunes, maybe they will revisit them for SoE / SoA, or something beyond then, if they're still up for it.
  3. I would like to have the Pop sessions. I don't care about the Rick Rubin sessions. Window In The Skies is one of their weakest songs, imo.
  4. Originally posted by u2joost:[..]
    No. It's big, but not huge. With only two more albums to go it means that max 22 new songs will be added.

(I always wondered: how many outtakes/ unused songs are there really in total? and will they ever surface? )
    I consider it huge. We are spoiled. I don't know how many outtakes will ever surface. Everything before Pop is already reissued. I would really like to download official live releases, not yet released, on u2.com with a subscription. That would be wonderful.
  5. Originally posted by u2joost:[..]
    source? you're kidding, right?
    what is the point of keeping recordings in 'a safe' if you're never going to use them?
    No I'm not kidding. I think it was in U2byU2 even, but it could as easily been an interview. It was recent though, that's why I remembered. Maybe someone can confirm the source.

Well, they do. All the time. For themselves. To see if there are some ideas worth re-considering. But as you know, this can easily be 4 chords to build a whole new song on, like what happened with One.
    They only said they've agreed on the fact that it won't see the light of day to the PUBLIC. When someone dies or the band quits. There seems to be too much rubbish, according to themselves. I guess they're ashamed.
  6. Maybe they can release their whole live catalogue (every show they have recorded) on U2.com. And with a subscription you can download 3 shows a week.
  7. It's not huge.

Prince's discography is huge.
  8. Size isn't even worth a discussion when it comes to U2.

Adam has the biggest.