1. Originally posted by u2joost:[..]
    Artists don't retire, they burn out or fade away...

Am I the only one who is sort of shocked by the Adam interview?
    I like the fact that the 'trilogy' idea seems to be coming reality, but for heaven's sake, 'U2-time' is slowing down more then ever.... it sounds like:

SOI - 2014 - indoor tour
    SOE - (end of) 2017 - indoor tour
    SOA - 2021 (at the earliest, more then 12 years after it was first mentioned) maybe outdoor tour...

I'm sort of disappointed by these irrelevant 'greatest hits' mini-gigs.
    (R.E.M. wouldn't agree with your first statement)

I'm not shocked in the sense that it's logical to me. Painful to hear? yes, but logical. We fans have been saying that for ages, and it was only a matter of time until the band started to realize and openly say it too.
  2. excruciatingly painful......
    *sobs and reaches for the tissues*
  3. Originally posted by u2joost:[..]
    Artists don't retire, they burn out or fade away...

Am I the only one who is sort of shocked by the Adam interview?
    I like the fact that the 'trilogy' idea seems to be coming reality, but for heaven's sake, 'U2-time' is slowing down more then ever.... it sounds like:

SOI - 2014 - indoor tour
    SOE - (end of) 2017 - indoor tour
    SOA - 2021 (at the earliest, more then 12 years after it was first mentioned) maybe outdoor tour...

I'm sort of disappointed by these irrelevant 'greatest hits' mini-gigs.
    I agree. Tour resume at the end of 2017 is likely.
    Maybe they put Mercy on Songs Of Ascent. Bono: "This is a new song". (That is almost 20 years old.)
  4. Man was only for Achtung Baby. The time has passed for that.
  5. No. It's big, but not huge. With only two more albums to go it means that max 22 new songs will be added.

(I always wondered: how many outtakes/ unused songs are there really in total? and will they ever surface? )
  6. Originally posted by u2joost:[..]
    No. It's big, but not huge. With only two more albums to go it means that max 22 new songs will be added.

(I always wondered: how many outtakes/ unused songs are there really in total? and will they ever surface? )
    The Rick Rubin sessions which got binned would be interesting.

All My Life I've been waiting for...
  7. Originally posted by u2joost:[..]
    No. It's big, but not huge. With only two more albums to go it means that max 22 new songs will be added.

Nope. They said all their tapes are somewhere in a safe and they signed an agreement about those tapes never seeing the daylight when someone dies or the band quits.
  8. Originally posted by Release3:I wish they would collab with Cage The Elephant They're an AMAZING band. Edge said they were the best act he saw at Coachella in 2014.

CTE were amazing at IHR as well. One of my fave bands.