1. Originally posted by yuri31No secret message on my HTDAAB CD ...maybe becasue all my CDs are "Ukraine originals"?
    I'm pretty pretty pretty sure that's the reason Don't worry, it's anything special. Just that kind of thing for collectors only.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]I'm pretty pretty pretty sure that's the reason Don't worry, it's anything special. Just that kind of thing for collectors only.

I gotta buy the new CD in official shop...but those from Ukraine are the same as the originals...mmmm...but cheaper....but no secret messages...mmm.... I am confused!

But I think that my (well, father's) ATYCLB is original...it is some special edition..there are 17 tracks and lyrics inside
  3. I don't really think that bono would have called his dad 'sugar' somehow??? haha

Maybe The secret message was to his wife Ali???
    Miss you sugar.
    'The Sweetest Thing' was written for her when bono forgot her birthday .

Oops I forgot bono's birthday yesterday! See easily done...
    Happy Birthday Sire'. I like yer hair...You're looking Very beautiful.

Anyways, why would bono write a secret message to his wife?

It's a mystery to me?
    In private rainbow moments,.
  4. Originally posted by rubymoonAnyways, why would bono write a secret message to his wife?

It's a mystery to me?
    In private rainbow moments,.

If it was such a secret, you wouldn't let the general U2 fan community know.
  5. Originally posted by ad87does anyone the real story?that theory of the numerical explanation make sense tough...

Sugar = Bob Hewson.
  6. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

Sugar = Bob Hewson.

any explanation ?
  7. Whoever Mercy is dedicated to, is what that message means. Or because it was cut from the album, they really liked it, but are missing it - hence, sugar.

'...I'm weedkiller, honey...and you're sugar'.

Maybe Bono likes the Stones' songs 'Miss You' and 'Brown Sugar', leaving out the word Brown to confuse us.

Or...one of the band members used to see Michael Jackson on a regular basis. Now it could have been any variety of sugar - brown or white, you make up your mind - and now that Jackson is pure white - just like regular sugar, they never get to see him any more, meaning - miss you sugar.

Paul McGuiness is secretly a sugar addict and because his local ran out of the stuff, he nicked into the production room, printed it on the CD and...you have it.

Has sugar ever been made in Africa? Maybe Bono misses Africa when he's not there - and is sad he doesn't get to spend time with the sugar plants.
  8. Originally posted by drewhigginsWhoever Mercy is dedicated to, is what that message means. Or because it was cut from the album, they really liked it, but are missing it - hence, sugar.

'...I'm weedkiller, honey...and you're sugar'.

Maybe Bono likes the Stones' songs 'Miss You' and 'Brown Sugar', leaving out the word Brown to confuse us.

Or...one of the band members used to see Michael Jackson on a regular basis. Now it could have been any variety of sugar - brown or white, you make up your mind - and now that Jackson is pure white - just like regular sugar, they never get to see him any more, meaning - miss you sugar.

Paul McGuiness is secretly a sugar addict and because his local ran out of the stuff, he nicked into the production room, printed it on the CD and...you have it.

Has sugar ever been made in Africa? Maybe Bono misses Africa when he's not there - and is sad he doesn't get to spend time with the sugar plants.

9. Originally posted by walkon[..]

any explanation ?

Cuz Bono said so.
  10. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

Cuz Bono said so.

share some more please mate...when? Did he mention this specific sugar reference or was it just a general comment?!
  11. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

Cuz Bono said so.

when & where?
  12. Originally posted by walkon[..]

when & where?

another time, another place :p