1. Originally posted by molang7:I listen to the radio at work...and at the top of the website it has a quote from a famous musician. Today it had The Edge!

[..]

Thanks, we didn't have that one. I added it!
  2. "The penis-ring I felt was enough. It's a lot of weight for one man to carry. No, I'm a virgin in that sense." - Bono

Just found that quote on the bottom of U2start.... If you get a second, Remy (or anyone else) can you please tell me a little more about this quote? It's kinda disturbing!!!
  3. "The penis-ring I felt was enough. It's a lot of weight for one man to carry. No, I'm a virgin in that sense." - Bono

Just found that quote on the bottom of U2start.... If you get a second, Remy (or anyone else) can you please tell me a little more about this quote? It's kinda disturbing!!!

It's from an interview:

MAX: Let´s move to some lighter subjects. Larry, you finally got a tattoo. Why
    did you choose this motive. It´s some kind of sun, isn´t it?

Larry: Yeah.

MAX: Tell me about it.

Larry: It´s a personal thing. I want to have it for a long time but I don´t like needles so eventually I had to drink heavily and went up to Woodstock and I got it done there. I am planning it for about ten years, so a bottle of Whisky and off I went.

MAX: Bono what about you?

Bono: The penis-ring I felt was enough. It´s a lot of weight for one man to
    carry. No, I´m a virgin in that sense.

I will modify the quote to "- Bono on tattoos" to make it clearer
  4. Thanks Remy! Haha
  5. I don't remember where I heard this but in some interview I was watching on YouTube, Edge says "Anyone who doesn't like U2 just isn't trying hard enough"
  6. Originally posted by zooey:I don't remember where I heard this but in some interview I was watching on YouTube, Edge says "Anyone who doesn't like U2 just isn't trying hard enough"

Yeah he said that this year in a TV interview. Added, thanks
  7. There's another good Edge one, from a long time ago when he's talking about how hard it is to come home from a tour. He says he wanders around the house looking for meaningless jobs to do like shave the cat. Can anyone find the exact quote?
  8. Originally posted by zooey:There's another good Edge one, from a long time ago when he's talking about how hard it is to come home from a tour. He says he wanders around the house looking for meaningless jobs to do like shave the cat. Can anyone find the exact quote?

It's funny, when I search for it on Google I end up here
  9. Just heard this on the show I'm currently listening to-

"Well, we made a movie here, we brought our TV station here, and now we brought the whole drive-in. Hope ya like it."

-Bono onstage in Tempe, AZ, 1997
  10. hahaha, ok Matt, thanks Added

11. Haha didn't know if it was site-worthy, just made me chuckle at the idea that Tempe really was sort of a landmark for them, since Rattle and Hum was filmed there, and look what they were dealing with now

But it's cool to know that it'll be down there! Thanks!
  12. Bono - " well its a fine thing writing some songs and putting out an album while ur still on tour .......... but its another thing trying to play the f**king things !

And my personal favourite because I was standing there

Bono " Lads , where did Gavin Friday go ?????!

Police officer Fitzgerald " Bono .......... who the F**k is Gavin Friday ??"

Bono just paused for a second , started lauging and disapeared into the Dublin night