1. My two favourite quotes from Larry have to be
    1: It's a musical journey

2: When asked who would play him in "U2 - The Movie"... Halle Berry
  2. OMFG, I've just come across this one (lovely random-ness of the quotes!! hahaha):

"Where's my public? My God, they've deserted me! This is a crisis. We'd better do something. Stir up some publicity or something. 'Bono in under-age sex orgy.' That should do it. I want my public back." - Bono, December 1987

LOOOOOOOOOOOL
  3. Great one!! I had never seen it, but has just appeared:

"Larry says that he doesn't want to leave the stage just to come back two minutes later, he's a drummer and they are practical, he says it's more efficient to just stay onstage. Edge doesn't care what we do and Adam hasn't even noticed that we've left the stage and me, I'm the singer and I do whatever you want me to, I just want you to love me." - Bono, Copenhagen, 2001
  4. "Hello? Is this Speedy Pizza? I'd like to order 10.000 pizzas for Detroit. We're at the Palace, you know the Palace? Yeah, I am serious, I'm very serious! You can't make 10.000? Just make as many as you can OK? What? My name is Bono."

This quote sums up all the 1990-1993 philosophy. Lovely
  5. "If we're in the studio trying to build the rocket, Edge is under the hood with his slide rule, I'm trying to become fuel, Larry is pointing out the reasons it'll never fly, and Adam's asking, 'Do we really want to go there?' They're always reasonable and usually correct--and I hate them for it."

- Bono, about their album-making proccess.

I've just add this to our database, I think it's brilliant.
  6. "Bono SAYS he plays guitar. WE never said anything like that. He WEARS guitars, but he's not a musician"
    -The Edge in 1983
  7. A little bit harsh, but a funny quote after all. Added, Glenn, thanks
  8. Yep, harsh but honoust
    No problem
  9. Listening to 2005-11-04, Las Vegas, and it's so far been riddled with great quotes:

"My father was a working class man, who loved the opera, and if ever I sat down with him, he'd have one thing to say: "Just take off the fucking glasses, would you?""
    -Bono

"I met a lady who gave me a scarf that Elvis Presley gave to her mother. And I swore on my mother's life that I would wear it tonight. [As he's putting the scarf on]...Though, she's already dead..."
    -Bono

Haha, been a great listen so far, even if not a terrific performance.
  10. Added, Matt, thanks
  11. "You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room."
    Bono, 1999

PS. I renamed this topic, it was called just "Quotes" but now it's easier to find and better imo