1. I think the songs are fine as they are. It's just the album as a whole lacks any sort of cohesion. I rarely listen to it from A-Z, just pick out songs etc.
  2. Originally posted by iTimIt's just the album as a whole lacks any sort of cohesion. I rarely listen to it from A-Z, just pick out songs etc.

oh my god for the first time i realize that after listing to the album maybe of zillion times or something
  3. The problemn for me is they sound too pissed off. There a little to old to sound that mad.
  4. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01The problemn for me is they sound too pissed off. There a little to old to sound that mad.

Bono did say Edge was showing a lot of spleen on the album, slightly overstated I think, I think the anger is justified, ala Love and Peace or Else, I love it!
  5. Originally posted by thefly07[..]

Bono did say Edge was showing a lot of spleen on the album

So we can expect Edge's entire liver and kidneys on the next album?

(All right, sorry, not very funny.)
  6. for me, musically it was great album, as good as any before it. but theres something missing. i dont no what it is. but when you listen 2 any 1 song off that album on its own its sounds fantastic! listen to the whole album, and theres something not quite right. Larry admitted that the songs 'lacked emotion'. i mean apart from SYCMIOYO and LOPOE the songs do lack passion. the mood of songs like One stop closer might be emotional, but the songs arnt really delivered that way.

somehow, its an average album of great songs.

am i making any sense?
  7. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2[..]

So we can expect Edge's entire liver and kidneys on the next album?

(All right, sorry, not very funny.)

made me smile!
  8. Originally posted by SalvationTambourinefor me, musically it was great album, as good as any before it. but theres something missing. i dont no what it is. but when you listen 2 any 1 song off that album on its own its sounds fantastic! listen to the whole album, and theres something not quite right. Larry admitted that the songs 'lacked emotion'. i mean apart from SYCMIOYO and LOPOE the songs do lack passion. the mood of songs like One stop closer might be emotional, but the songs arnt really delivered that way.

am i making any sense?

i can take your point
  9. Originally posted by SalvationTambourinefor me, musically it was great album, as good as any before it. but theres something missing. i dont no what it is. but when you listen 2 any 1 song off that album on its own its sounds fantastic! listen to the whole album, and theres something not quite right. Larry admitted that the songs 'lacked emotion'. i mean apart from SYCMIOYO and LOPOE the songs do lack passion. the mood of songs like One stop closer might be emotional, but the songs arnt really delivered that way.

am i making any sense?

Yes, you are. I think that its their best album, easily. I don't think that it lacked anything. But all artists will always deny that their music is good. Imagine if Bono or anyone else from the band looked at this forum! I wonder what they would say...
  10. Originally posted by SalvationTambourinefor me, musically it was great album, as good as any before it. but theres something missing. i dont no what it is. but when you listen 2 any 1 song off that album on its own its sounds fantastic! listen to the whole album, and theres something not quite right. Larry admitted that the songs 'lacked emotion'. i mean apart from SYCMIOYO and LOPOE the songs do lack passion. the mood of songs like One stop closer might be emotional, but the songs arnt really delivered that way.

am i making any sense?

I get you - I don't think there's a genuine continuity in the feel of the album. I mean, like you say, some great songs on there, but I think it's the result of having so many different producers working on the album. Whereas you look at something like JT or AB, there's a feel all the way through that really captures something defining, whereas with HTAAB it just doesn't flow...

11. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01The problemn for me is they sound too pissed off. There a little to old to sound that mad.

I'd take that over "I'ts only rock and roll and I like it" anyday.
  12. Some of the songs flow perfectly. Miracle Drug > Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own. Both laid back, but sending a message at the same time.

It flows way better than Achtung Baby, ATYCLB and Zooropa.