1. Originally posted by iTimI think the songs are fine as they are. It's just the album as a whole lacks any sort of cohesion. I rarely listen to it from A-Z, just pick out songs etc.

I'd agree with that. I've reordered it for my own use. I think I posted it somewhere at the beginning of this topic...
  2. I converted HTDAAB from the CD to 192 kbps-mp3, but trough my CX300 Sennheisers, the quality of the recording isn't that great actually. I mean, listen to SYCMIOYO...it's distorted in some places. I also converted them from CD to 320 kbps but still the same. It can't be my earphones as they are on of the best.

Is this common sense or just me?
  3. What are you using to encode the songs? I use Foobar with LAME3.98, and I haven't noticed distortion at all.

The remastered edition of Boy on the other hand is a different story...The Ocean seems to have heavy distortion, which isn't on the original release.

In regards to HTDAAB, the whole album could have been entirely different and so could the approach to it. A smaller tracklisting and putting the more rocker and kicking songs first, then the slower and melodic songs last.

Vertigo
    City of Blinding Lights
    Love and Peace or Else
    All Because of You
    Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
    Crumbs From Your Table
    Original of The Species
    One Step Closer
    Yahweh

Release to radio: City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Original of the Species

First single: Vertigo, Firefly, Skyhawk, Native Son, Jubilee, Are You Gonna Wait Forever
    Second single: Original of the Species, Original of the Species (Redanka Mix)
    Third single: City of Blinding Lights, Neon Lights, Smile, You Can't Give Away Your Heart, Mercy
    Fourth single: One Step Closer, Tough
  4. Originally posted by drewhiggins:What are you using to encode the songs? I use Foobar with LAME3.98, and I haven't noticed distortion at all.

The remastered edition of Boy on the other hand is a different story...The Ocean seems to have heavy distortion, which isn't on the original release.

In regards to HTDAAB, the whole album could have been entirely different and so could the approach to it. A smaller tracklisting and putting the more rocker and kicking songs first, then the slower and melodic songs last.

Vertigo
    City of Blinding Lights
    Love and Peace or Else
    All Because of You
    Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
    Crumbs From Your Table
    Original of The Species
    One Step Closer
    Yahweh

Release to radio: City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Original of the Species

First single: Vertigo, Firefly, Skyhawk, Native Son, Jubilee, Are You Gonna Wait Forever
    Second single: Original of the Species, Original of the Species (Redanka Mix)
    Third single: City of Blinding Lights, Neon Lights, Smile, You Can't Give Away Your Heart, Mercy
    Fourth single: One Step Closer, Tough

I encoded it trough Windows Media Player back then(did it 3 years ago, but since I don't listen that often to HTDAAB, I just noticed it)...I use dBpoweramp nowadays. I might re-encode the lot once more with dBpoweramp.
  5. Originally posted by MWSAH:[..]

I encoded it trough Windows Media Player back then(did it 3 years ago, but since I don't listen that often to HTDAAB, I just noticed it)...I use dBpoweramp nowadays. I might re-encode the lot once more with dBpoweramp.

WMP has a terrible encoder. Use dbPA, EAC or Foobar coupled with LAME. You'll notice a difference...trust me.

6. Haha..allright. Already thought WMP sucks, but you confirm it now Thnx

7. The program is nice, but the encoder and burner in it sucks to no end.
  8. Originally posted by Drew*list of possible singles*

I sure like that list
    ABOY should never be released as single and OSC is a really good song I still think it's a shame they didn't play it after Yahweh during the tour. Those two fit perfectly together