1. The thing is Larry seemed to be in really good spirits on the 2019 tour. Interacting with the band and crowd a lot more, even smiling on occasion!! For the 2018 shows he seemed especially disengaged. I
  2. Originally posted by hkle77:I still saw the magic of the 4 members of U2 during JT tour 2017 playing together. Only a few yards aqay from each order. U2 without Larry is no U2. With Paul McGuinnes as manager this would never happen. Tour without Larry and another drummer. It's like the Doors without Jim Morrison or Queen without Freddy Mercury.

That would be more like U2 without Bono to be fair.
    Imagine being in a rock band,the one you started,the one that became the biggest and best in the world.Now all of a sudden you're at home,walking the dog instead of stepping out Infront of thousands in the biggest cities worldwide.
    You would think that would take some serious adjusting to.
    Larry ain't gonna chuck it in,other than 2015-19 they tend to only tour every 4 years,get this Sphere thing out of the way and then move on with a fresh bionic Larry for the next tour.
  3. i've solved the problem

there's a character called sean on a UK tv show called coronation street that is virtually larry's doppelganger

so he can play drums and no one will notice

4. What can they do to turn the tide??

Are they too old to reinvent once again? Besides reinvention gave us NLOTH.

If Larry or Adam really did want to retire I could see U2 finishing up then Bono and Edge moving on as a duo,but Adam seems as on board as those two so probably makes sense to just bring in a new drummer and see how it goes.
    I guess we will find out soon enough.
  5. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:i've solved the problem

there's a character called sean on a UK tv show called coronation street that is virtually larry's doppelganger

so he can play drums and no one will notice

[image]
    Not sure Larry would be happy about you saying that.
    The hitman mincing about in floral shirts and a wig? 😄
  6. Originally posted by kezman:[..]
    Not sure Larry would be happy about you saying that.
    The hitman mincing about in floral shirts and a wig? 😄
    He did agree to dress up as one of The Village People at least...
  7. new memorabilia released - 'where's larry?'

taken inside the sphere...

8. Does anyone know how Larry's recovery is going?
  9. As far as I know, nobody has seen or heard anything from Larry since September. He seemed to be alright during the "Atomic City" video shoot, and he was reportedly at the first 2 Sphere shows keeping a very low profile. Bono did say he was having some pain during the video shoot/recording sessions for AC, and that he still had a way to go before being back to 100%.

The official word from the band seems to be that they aren't gonna do an album/tour until Larry is able. They've also talked about 2025 as a timeline for the next tour, so they must have some kind of a gameplan for Larry's recovery.
  10. I hate to say it but the shows went well. And I think it made the band realize they could continue on without Larry if needed.