1. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    As far as I know, nobody has seen or heard anything from Larry since September. He seemed to be alright during the "Atomic City" video shoot, and he was reportedly at the first 2 Sphere shows keeping a very low profile. Bono did say he was having some pain during the video shoot/recording sessions for AC, and that he still had a way to go before being back to 100%.

The official word from the band seems to be that they aren't gonna do an album/tour until Larry is able. They've also talked about 2025 as a timeline for the next tour, so they must have some kind of a gameplan for Larry's recovery.
    By taking part in the recording and video for Atomic city it was a real strong message to the doubters (me included) that he ain't done with the band just yet , hopefully he makes a full recovery and they get a new album out as it's now going on 7 years since SOE .
  2. I'm still holding strong to my theory that since they extended the # of Sphere shows to 40, that after the last show, the band will take make one more encore with Bono introducing Larry. Possibly Bram saying something gracious and handing over the drumsticks to Larry, and then playing '40.' We all know who ends up on stage as the last band member with this song. If Larry played on the Atomic City single recoding, I believe he can play one 5 or so minute song.
  3. I hope Bram can finish out the 40th show himself, honestly. He has done a stellar job thus far, and I think he deserves some recognition on the last night. I have enjoyed his particular take on the songs. He's not Larry, but he has done well in Larry's absence. Let Larry take back his place in the spotlight when he's healthy and ready.
  4. Totally agree ^
  5. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    As far as I know, nobody has seen or heard anything from Larry since September. He seemed to be alright during the "Atomic City" video shoot, and he was reportedly at the first 2 Sphere shows keeping a very low profile. Bono did say he was having some pain during the video shoot/recording sessions for AC, and that he still had a way to go before being back to 100%.

The official word from the band seems to be that they aren't gonna do an album/tour until Larry is able. They've also talked about 2025 as a timeline for the next tour, so they must have some kind of a gameplan for Larry's recovery.

Thanks!
  6. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]

Larry didn’t attend the first two shows at Sphere. He was already back in Dublin by that point. He had another surgery around that time which should have been the last, and he’s been in Physio for a large chunk of time as well. He’s been seen, but he does prefer keeping his movements low profile as you say.
  7. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]

Larry didn’t attend the first two shows at Sphere. He was already back in Dublin by that point. He had another surgery around that time which should have been the last, and he’s been in Physio for a large chunk of time as well. He’s been seen, but he does prefer keeping his movements low profile as you say.

Bram will finish out the shows at Sphere. I doubt we will see Larry on stage at any point.

The plan is for them to start in studio with Larry in April to finish recording the new album.
  8. Do we know who is producing the new U2 album and where they are recording the album?
  9. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

Bram will finish out the shows at Sphere. I doubt we will see Larry on stage at any point.

The plan is for them to start in studio with Larry in April to finish recording the new album.
    I wonder how frequent the trips have been to sound city in Los Angeles, where they recorded Atomic City, to demo new work. And I wonder if Bram has it all played on these demos just to get an idea of a rhythm track. it would certainly help the process along if the band were able to work up the songs with a drummer before Larry gets back
  10. From what I understand the tracks they are pulling from have been worked in with Larry in the past. They have a number mostly finished tracks, but want to go in and record them all fresh similar to what they did with Songs of Experience. They’ve been recording and working on stuff for a while now, including sessions last summer with Larry. Not sure if they’d need Bram in that case.
  11. Bram playing with U2 is not U2... a Vegas sideshow without its core. The effect of Larry's absence is very apparent in the carbon copy, flat shows that lean hard on hi def visuals. Take the visuals away, these 40th anniversary shows suck. Larry matters.
  12. You're entitled to your opinion @cmaly but there are literally hundreds of thousands of people like me who have seen these shows and thought them anything but a suck.