1. it's all getting a little bit embarrassing now

time to call it a day before they do holograms
  2. Originally posted by popmarter:I reckon he's jumped ship 🚢 completely think about it 2019 they did just 15 gigs as part of the JT tour, 2020 - 23 has basically been dormant as regards band activities (SOS was basically an Edge project) the guy had plenty of time to get himself sorted has access to the best medical experts money can buy and get treatment whenever he needs it , Adam Clayton said in interview with The independent last December about playing Vegas without Larry"If it were something we had to face, I imagine you would do what needs to be done, but it wouldn’t be a decision we would take easily or comfortably. But I don’t think that’s the decision we’re facing at the moment" so at this stage he was allegedly on board to play Vegas as far as Adam was concerned something definitely sounds off and I don't think his medical issues are the main reasons he's not playing Vegas 🤔

I have accepted that Larry may never play live with U2 again, due to physical issues and being an overall grump. Others need to embrace the possibility. Sure it won’t be the same without him, but I’m still willing to embrace U2 without Larry if that’s what happens.

It’s hardly embarrassing. Other bands change lineups. U2 are a huge minority. I saw REM a few times without Bill and had a great time and really enjoyed those shows.
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:I reckon he's jumped ship 🚢 completely think about it 2019 they did just 15 gigs as part of the JT tour, 2020 - 23 has basically been dormant as regards band activities (SOS was basically an Edge project) the guy had plenty of time to get himself sorted has access to the best medical experts money can buy and get treatment whenever he needs it , Adam Clayton said in interview with The independent last December about playing Vegas without Larry"If it were something we had to face, I imagine you would do what needs to be done, but it wouldn’t be a decision we would take easily or comfortably. But I don’t think that’s the decision we’re facing at the moment" so at this stage he was allegedly on board to play Vegas as far as Adam was concerned something definitely sounds off and I don't think his medical issues are the main reasons he's not playing Vegas 🤔

If he really had left then why the secrecy? What would be the point? Fan outrage? I doubt it.
    Surely the band would just announce the drummer has left and his replacement will be whoever from here on in.
  4. I think Larry is taking some time out to see if he still wants to be part of the band anymore or not.
  5. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]

I have accepted that Larry may never play live with U2 again, due to physical issues and being an overall grump. Others need to embrace the possibility. Sure it won’t be the same without him, but I’m still willing to embrace U2 without Larry if that’s what happens.

It’s hardly embarrassing. Other bands change lineups. U2 are a huge minority. I saw REM a few times without Bill and had a great time and really enjoyed those shows.
    It makes no sense comparing U2's situation to other bands. Non of them were in their original line up for 40+ years. And none of them were talking for those 40+ years about that it ain't U2 when 1 of them would leave for whatever reason.

I have no problem for the 3 to continue and play whatever they want. I do have a problem with them calling themselves U2 though. I might even find it okay if they call themselves U2 featuring...(fill in Bram or whoever take over the drumseat)

But for now: i have no doubts the surgery is true and Larry will be back in the future 💪
  6. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    It makes no sense comparing U2's situation to other bands. Non of them were in their original line up for 40+ years. And none of them were talking for those 40+ years about that it ain't U2 when 1 of them would leave for whatever reason.

I have no problem for the 3 to continue and play whatever they want. I do have a problem with them calling themselves U2 though. I might even find it okay if they call themselves U2 featuring...(fill in Bram or whoever take over the drumseat)

But for now: i have no doubts the surgery is true and Larry will be back in the future 💪

amen brother
  7. The Edge and Larry are the most curious members at the moment. Larry obvioulsy has serious medical issues but his motivation for various reasons seems to be a big issue.

Edge on the other hand has upped his game big time. He seems okay with playing without Larry out of all of them. He has spearheaded the Songs of Surrender project, has been doing plenty of interviews and seems highly motivated and confident.

The fan base just has to accept that some version of the band is going forward and it may not look like what we are used to. The deaprture of Sam O Sullivan has to solidify what the future will look like as well.
  8. Originally posted by miryclay:The Edge and Larry are the most curious members at the moment. Larry obvioulsy has serious medical issues but his motivation for various reasons seems to be a big issue.

Edge on the other hand has upped his game big time. He seems okay with playing without Larry out of all of them. He has spearheaded the Songs of Surrender project, has been doing plenty of interviews and seems highly motivated and confident.

The fan base just has to accept that some version of the band is going forward and it may not look like what we are used to. The deaprture of Sam O Sullivan has to solidify what the future will look like as well.
    thing is - the edge has only released one solo album (i think) and that is the biggest shame

he can play on without larry, maybe adam too and bono? doubt it - but he doesn't need bono

he needs the confidence to become a solo artist - and i don't know why he never has as he's certainly, musically and creatively, the most talented
  9. He has said that in this combo he makes his best work. Let him be. We could see him play are larger role in the future within the band.The UV lineup has basically been effect since 2010 when B&E did the Spiderman project.
  10. I refuse to accept it until Larry has pinned a note to the noticeboard at Mount Temple saying he is seeking to be out of a band.
  11. All semantics aside, his drumming style is quintessential for how the band sounds. Leave alone that his down-to-earth character keeps (or kept) the band grounded. Sure Bram will do his best to copy that style for the Sphere shows, but it's kinda unique
  12. Yeah I don't doubt he has physical issues that need addressing but he's had those problems going back 20 odd years and it didn't stop him touring, the odd thing was he choose to give some Z list journalist in the US his reasoning for missing the upcoming Vegas gigs rather than giving a statement via U2.com ,but as you say maybe he wants time out to consider his future with the band as maybe he hasn't enjoyed the last few years and the musical direction they have taken.