1. just saw this on u2's site.

Return of the Lemon

A DVD version of PopMart Live From Mexico City – giant mirrorball lemon, cocktail stick and all - is set for a summer release. PopMart opened in Las Vegas ten years ago today. DVD track listing and details here.

Filmed at the Foro Sol Autodromo in Mexico City in December 1997, PopMart Live from Mexico City, directed by David Mallet, was originally released on video in 1998. For its debut on DVD, it’s been transferred to digital with upgraded pictures and remastered audio, mixed in 5.1 Surround Sound.

The DVD will come in a Standard 1-disc format, featuring the concert, and a Special Limited Edition 2-disc format, the 2nd bonus disc containing unreleased live audio and video material, including documentaries, a PopMart tour visuals montage, and DVD-ROM extras.

Here’s the track listing:

Disc One:

Pop Muzik / Mofo / I Will Follow / Gone / Even Better Than The Real Thing / Last Night On Earth / Until The End of The World / New Year’s Day / Pride (In The Name Of Love) / I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For / All I Want Is You / Desire / Staring At The Sun / Sunday Bloody Sunday / Bullet The Blue Sky / Please / Where The Streets Have No Name / Lemon (Perfecto Mix) / Discothèque / If You Wear That Velvet Dress / With Or Without You / Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me / Mysterious Ways / One / Wake Up Dead Man

Performance from Foro Sol Autodromo, Mexico City, filmed 3rd December 1997
    Director David Mallet
    Producer Ned O’Hanlon
    Executive Producer Paul McGuinness
    Show Designer/Director Willie Williams

Bonus disc (special limited edition format only)

1. Bonus live tracks
    - Please / Where The Streets Have No Name / Discothèque / If You Wear That
    Velvet Dress
    All recorded live at Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam on 18th July 1997

- Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me / Mysterious Ways / One
    All recorded live at Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton on 14th June 1997

2. Bonus video tracks
    - Staring At The Sun (Miami version)
    Directed by Morleigh Steinberg

- Last Night On Earth - First Night In Hell (Remix version)
    Directed by John Bland

3. Documentaries
    - Lemon For Sale
    - The Road To Sarajevo
    - A Tour Of The Tour
    - Last Night On Earth – One Day In Kansas

4. PopMart Tour Visuals Montage
    Curated by Catherine Owens

5. Extras
    - DVD-Rom: Weblinks, Wallpapers, Screensavers

Check out POP here

More on PopMart Live From Mexico City in the coming days.
  2. Originally posted by anuare82Excellent news, but I was thinking that it would be better if they included extra songs like Mothers of the dissappear in santiago, or do you feel loved, if god will send.. and miami.

Well, i´m going to buy it anyway (is the concert that make me fan of the band after all)...

take care, and greetings from Guadalajara , Mexico

Yeah it's a pity they didn't include Miami, that was such an awesome song live on Popmart.
  3. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Yeah it's a pity they didn't include Miami, that was such an awesome song live on Popmart.

You're right. Just saw a version on YouTube of that song. It's 100000000 times better live. Pity that they don't put that one on the dvd.
  4. Originally posted by MacphistflyIt needs to be said.

U2 have become so Capitalist.

It needed to be said, and you've said.
    MacPhisto and his anti-capitalism speeches are too far from real thought of U2
  5. just to represent another population of U2 fans, i wanted to toss out there that i absolutely love POP and PopMart, everything about it, the idea of it, the unfinished nature of the album, the image of the band and its members, the versions of the songs (oooohhhhh streets - they set it on fire!).

this whole time-capsuled era of U2, which will never return again, is quite near-and-dear to my (pop)heart, and i can't wait for the DVD so i can watch it, enjoy it, and of course rip it to an audio album!

say what you will about capitalism... i am counting down the days to pay for my PopMart DVD (and my Red Rocks DVD).

and some day blu-ray will make DVDs obsolete so i'll prolly buy em all over again
  6. Popmart tour isn't my favorite tour..but I loved the setlist and I'll buy the dvd as soon as I can...I just need some money

By the way...anyone knows if the dvd will be released here in Brazil in the same day of other countries??

thanks to all see you
  7. Originally posted by u2met86say what you will about capitalism... i am counting down the days to pay for my PopMart DVD (and my Red Rocks DVD).
    1) That's what I said, I think they are capitalist, money-hunters, etc. but I finally buy all they release. And I don't like it, makes me feel a slave

2) About the Red Rocks theme I only have to say:
  8. Don't like POP-Mart either...but the setlist looks good, maybe I'll buy it..
  9. Originally posted by MirrorballBoy[..]

And that's one of the greatest lines i've seen on this site!

Oh, thank you so much, really!
    I didn't mind to write one the greatest lines of the site. I just wanted to express my own feelings, my ideas.
    I'm glad that you liked one of them!
    Thanks!
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]It needed to be said, and you've said.
    MacPhisto and his anti-capitalism speeches are too far from real thought of U2

One of the reasons that they were so beloved in the earlier days, even Popmart/ZooTV was because they ddin't care about the money, or the critics, they were there for the crowd.

Now its feels more...systematic.

Who needs that much money anyway?
  11. Originally posted by MacphistflyWho needs that much money anyway?
    Well, Bono has to get his hair cut every month, that's quite expensive...
  12. Originally posted by MacphistflyIt needs to be said.

U2 have become so Capitalist.

I think that we have to chose for the lower evil. I mean: in a world where people generally don't think about the real problems of society but only "close the door" waiting that someone other go and solve those problems, the lower evil is represented by people which make at least something and contrubute to solve even only some parts of those problems.
    I mean that I don't care about the fact that Bono & Co. earn a lot of money, 'cause they spend a part of their money in important humanitarian activities, instead of the major part of the musicians that cares only about their life.
    So I'm happy two times when I buy U2 stuff:
    1. Because I love U2
    2. Because through them I also contribute to important humanitarian activities

Sorry for writing a lot.