1. brilliant remix from Kygo, such groove. U2 should have released their single as this version. Impossible to do because it's a Kygo production but it does substantially defeat the original version in my opinion
  2. How can a remix that effectively erases 99% of Edge's work on a song be "brilliant" and "better than U2's"?
  3. Bono is the only thing U2 about it after Kygo basically reconstructed it. The mix is alright, but I think out of the three, the Sci-Fi Soul mix is the best.
  4. Originally posted by thefly108:[..]
    Bono is the only thing U2 about it after Kygo basically reconstructed it. The mix is alright, but I think out of the three, the Sci-Fi Soul mix is the best.
    YES. It's exactly Kygo ft Bono.
  5. I don't think I said it's better U2 song, but I still think that it's a better song overall. Maybe saying U2 should've released this is the same, but I don't know. Maybe it's because I also find the guitar parts Edge wrote for their version pretty uninspiring :/ As others have already pointed out, bits of it can be heard in songs U2 have already done. And it's not like Kygo turned a rock song (where guitar is needed) into a pop song, it was a pop song to begin with.

I guess if I stop to think about it, it is a weird thing to like this version better, but I don't know. So Cruel has next to no guitar in it and I like that. Lemon has guitar but you can barely tell it's a guitar, same thing. Sure knowing that this isn't Edge makes that different, but I enjoy this version more than U2's. U2 still wrote the melody, chord changes, lyrics, etc. Plus Edge's bridge part is still prevelant in the chorus of this version (which makes for a better guitar chorus part than what Edge did IMO).
  6. Because there's no U2
  7. Wow, Bono's guitar and falsetto is pretty good then.

8. I'm with Sergio. If I had to choose between Miami and the YTBTAM Relevance Remix, there's really no choice at all...
  9. If I had to choose between Miami and the sound of throwing rocks into a trash compactor, I admit it would be really close.
  10. Originally posted by ahn1991:If I had to choose between Miami and the sound of throwing rocks into a trash compactor, I admit it would be really close.
    I reckon Kygo would make a great mix of the sound of throwing rocks into a trash compactor.

At least I'm sure it would be better than his Best Thing remix.