1. Originally posted by ahn1991:If I had to choose between Miami and the sound of throwing rocks into a trash compactor, I admit it would be really close.
    Under normal circumstances, I might agree...
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I reckon Kygo would make a great mix of the sound of throwing rocks into a trash compactor.

At least I'm sure it would be better than his Best Thing remix.
    It would be better than Miami as well.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I reckon Kygo would make a great mix of the sound of throwing rocks into a trash compactor.

At least I'm sure it would be better than his Best Thing remix.
    It would be as soulless, as well
  4. But back on topic, if you don't like EDM this mix wasn't made for you.
  5. I dislike EDM and I've made it abundantly clear through the years. Nevertheless, there are some EDM-oriented music and remixes that I enjoy.

This is just not one of them.

6. While somewhat joking, this is probably some of the appeal to this song. It's a U2 song that clearly highlights the style of another artist in another genre.
  7. I just wonder what people who don't like this remix thought of the Lemon live remix, that was horrendous in my eyes and so was the I'll go crazy live remix that was one of my least favourite live moments and I had to go through it 3 times as well. Kygo's best thing beats both of these hands down in my eyes.
  8. Speaking only for myself, I enjoy the Kygo version more. I think it takes (what for me) are not the most sophisticated lyrics and gives them a more sonically interesting background.

I think the Kygo version is also much more close to what passes these days for radio-friendly, and if that's on their mind at all, I think this version would have more of a chance of being successful.

It's also a song that comes off MUCH better live.
  9. Eh, I don't really care all that much either way. I'm not gonna get too invested in attacking or defending the Kygo mix, really - I'm sure some people will dig it, and some will hate it. That's fine. I'm not really sure where I stand with it, but it's somewhere short of love, but it's far away from hate too. I'm mainly just excited to be cruising towards an album, hopefully...
  10. Not my cup of tea, but I hope it managed to get some positive attention from non U2 fans

Well, you just described 99.99% of U2 songs (aka everything except Mercy)
  11. I hate EDM but love this remix. I just think it does better what the song was trying to do to begin with - be a good pop song.

Don't try and tell me that just because Edge puts some overdrive on his guitar in the verses that it's a rock song. Lol. U2's version sounds like a rock band trying to write a catchy pop tune. This remix sounds like a catchy pop tune, simple as that.