1. Originally posted by ahn1991:I've been reading around for different response to this song (album and Kygo versions) and honestly the is the most universally positive response I've ever seen for a U2 release. The EDM community was pretty shocked by the collaboration, but they all seem to love Bono's voice. In terms of unexpected collaborations, U2 vs Kygo has been very well received. Aside from that, the general response to this song has been incredibly positive. In fact, I'd say the only negative reviews of this song I've read come from U2 fans...
    Haha, no doubt!
  2. Not before banning anyone who praises this as the most well received U2 release ever

3. You're right.

Vertigo was a stronger release. But this one comes as a close second.
  4. Beautiful Day is u2's biggest hit statistically speaking so I think we can put that ahead of both vertigo and any version of the best thing. Better song than they 2 as well for me.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Beautiful Day is u2's biggest hit statistically speaking so I think we can put that ahead of both vertigo and any version of the best thing. Better song than they 2 as well for me.
    Good point.

To be honest I forgot about Beautiful Day as a strong hit because of how it is performed on the JT 2017 tour. It feels just a bit lost and it makes me sad.
  6. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]
    Good point.

To be honest I forgot about Beautiful Day as a strong hit because of how it is performed on the JT 2017 tour. It feels just a bit lost and it makes me sad.
    Yeah it's not my favourite arrangement of the song, I liked it best when it was raw and seemed to mean more to the band when it was first released and on the elevation tour. Been some great performances of it on others tours though.
  7. Reminds me of those IE Tour performances where they teased long snippets of Moment of Surrender during Beautiful Day and never ended up playing the song in full.
  8. I challenge anyone saying that this is a big hit to hit the streets of their local city and see how many people know about it lol.

Outside this website and a few other music ones that would've reported it no matter what song it was, I haven't heard a PEEP about this release.

A PEEP I SAY.

I'm talking about the song in general, not this version. I still say that if this was the version U2 had originally put out it would've performed way better on "da charts".
  9. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I challenge anyone saying that this is a big hit to hit the streets of their local city and see how many people know about it lol.

Outside this website and a few other music ones that would've reported it no matter what song it was, I haven't heard a PEEP about this release.

A PEEP I SAY.

I'm talking about the song in general, not this version. I still say that if this was the version U2 had originally put out it would've performed way better on "da charts".
    I think it would've performed a little better but as a Kygo song not a u2 song. That's how people would and will see it unfortunately. I don't think that's what u2 want and that's probably why I think they've insisted on there version being released first so that gets the initial attention.