1. I'm just going to take a plectrum, hold up for the entire show then Bono will see me and bring me up on stage, and then we'll play Acrobat acoustically together. Everyone will collapse, I'll be given an honorary degree at the U2 University for my services, and then I'll snap out of this fucking dream eventually.
  2. Originally posted by KieranU2:I'm just going to take a plectrum, hold up for the entire show then Bono will see me and bring me up on stage, and then we'll play Acrobat acoustically together. Everyone will collapse, I'll be given an honorary degree at the U2 University for my services, and then I'll snap out of this fucking dream eventually.
    Why acoustically?! Don't like your dream. I prefer mine, where I'm given Edge's 12 strings Rickenbacker after playing Dirty Day and Heartland fully electric with them.
  3. Acrobat is not a acoustic song. Then better play Acrobat never.
  4. I agree, although we have to remember that the very only time they have tried it live it was acoustic by Bono (solo), then leading into Zoo Station to start the show. So there's a good chance that when/if it appears it will be acoustic again.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:I agree, although we have to remember that the very only time they have tried it live it was acoustic by Bono (solo), then leading into Zoo Station to start the show. So there's a good chance that when/if it appears it will be acoustic again.
    My point exactly.
  6. This has probably been discussed somewhere in this topic before but I would not mind reading through all of the 200 plus pages.

So what has been the approximate schedule for the show until now?

My Stockholm tickets indicate that event begins at 19:30 but I assume boys won't arrive at stage until 21:00...?
  7. Typically, the band shows up between 20:20 and 20:40. 21:00 would be very late. Also, given that EU tends to have stricter curfews than the states, I think the band may opt to enter just a bit earlier than they did in the states.
  8. Originally posted by mjekberg:This has probably been discussed somewhere in this topic before but I would not mind reading through all of the 200 plus pages.

So what has been the approximate schedule for the show until now?

My Stockholm tickets indicate that event begins at 19:30 but I assume boys won't arrive at stage until 21:00...?
    Playing indoors means they don't have to worry about sunlight (which was tipically a problem for concert lightning at outdoor shows) and they can start and end whenever they want - with the limits of venue/city curfews of course. In the past US leg, they have been starting tipically around quarter/half past 8PM, exceptionally as early as 20:10 and as late as 20:55. Will Europe see the same times? Only the band knows. And personally I don't think it will be the same time for all countries.

For example, Spanish times are very different to the rest of Europe: while we're having lunch at 3PM, you in Stockholm are almost starting to cook dinner. So starting a show in Spain at 19:30 seems absurd. In my hard paper Barcelona tickets, there's a supposed "support band (?)" starting at 19:30, while U2 are scheduled at 21:00. What does that mean? Probably there won't be any support band, and U2 will start at 21:15 or so (ending at around 23:30-45, which is the normal ending time for Spanish concerts).

Nevertheless, it might be quite different for Northern countries like yours. 23:30 is pretty damn late (and cold) over there, so I guess the concerts might start something around 20:15 -just like in the US- and finish around 22:30 which sounds more plausible to me.

In short: nobody knows. Make sure you're there by the time your ticket says the event starts and you'll be fine. If you arrive later, you might get lucky and get to see everything...... or not.
  9. Not sure if someone posted this elsewhere (I thought it was, but I couldn't find it),
    SiriusXM Town Hall: U2 [...] answers fan questions:

Not sure when exactly it was recorded (in between MSG showdates), but it is was broadcasted between August 7 and 12 (click on image for details).

You can listen to it on U2isABLE

Good fun