1. betting this will be among the singles.
  2. This is that intimacy Bono's been searching for oh my God... such a simple, powerful, intimate song.
  3. As in EBW, this is a brilliant song that has one of the dullest choruses U2 has ever made (is that even a chorus, for God's sake?). And this is a soooOOOoooOOoooong for soooOooomeeeeEEEeeooOOoone! Oh thanks a lot Mr. Hewson, it's so trascendental

PS. The Smiths reference at the end? There Is A Light That Never Goes Out...
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:As in EBW, this is a brilliant song that has one of the dullest choruses U2 has ever made (is that even a chorus, for God's sake?). And this is a soooOOOoooOOoooong for soooOooomeeeeEEEeeooOOoone! Oh thanks a lot Mr. Hewson, it's so trascendental

PS. The Smiths reference at the end? There Is A Light That Never Goes Out...

LOL I thought about that too, but at the same time the verses are so great that it makes up for it for me.
  5. beautiful song...
  6. Originally posted by PageU2:The chorus makes this song what it is: surging, powerful and striking. Lyrically, it sounds like an ode to Ali.

Actually, the last verse, the "hill of cavalry" is a reference to Jesus, which makes the "kiss I stole from your mouth" line remind me of Judas..
  7. Another good one. Glad I'm not the only one thinking of The Smiths, singing along "there is a light and it never goes out..." at the end
  8. I liked this on first listen too. I took it as a young kid writing the song and I just like the "this is a song for someone" as if they are sending it out into the world in hopes it will touch someone in some way. Like you could be going through something in life, hear this and feel like it's speaking to you?
  9. This is the fourth song on the album, but it shines as the first true masterpiece of the album. The sound starts off quiet and gradually builds through the chorus to form a beautiful ballad. The lyrics are pretty simple, but very powerful. I would go so far as to say that this song is a modernized incarnation of "With or Without You." Both this song and the latter feature lyrics that speak about the powerful emotions associated with love and relationships. Not to say that With or Without You is outdated, but the sound of this song more strongly correlates to the present time.

If there were ever to be a song that replaces With or Without You on a live set, this would definitely be that song.

10/10
  10. Someone else can hear chords similar to "Yahweh" at the beginning of the song?
  11. Originally posted by ahn1991:This is the fourth song on the album, but it shines as the first true masterpiece of the album. The sound starts off quiet and gradually builds through the chorus to form a beautiful ballad. The lyrics are pretty simple, but very powerful. I would go so far as to say that this song is a modernized incarnation of "With or Without You." Both this song and the latter feature lyrics that speak about the powerful emotions associated with love and relationships. Not to say that With or Without You is outdated, but the sound of this song more strongly correlates to the present time.

If there were ever to be a song that replaces With or Without You on a live set, this would definitely be that song.

10/10

Yeah, it's been compared to WOWY in quite a few reviews by now..

For me it's a no brainer. WOWYs "simple potential" will never be reached.
  12. Originally posted by Ali709:Actually, the last verse, the "hill of cavalry" is a reference to Jesus, which makes the "kiss I stole from your mouth" line remind me of Judas..

YES.

You said you would wait until the end of the world...