1. Bass & guitar: +++
    I like how this song is different than the others, this could be a good one.
  2. This song kind of puts me in mind of the Arctic Monkeys.
  3. Needs to grow on me, I guess.
  4. This song screams ADAM CLAYTON all over, and the Glastonbury snippet stands out (it even gave me goosebumps). Otherwise it's a bit dull, but I refuse to call it dull. The "daa, da da, daaa da da da" vocal chorus during the "you were alooone" part reminds me to Invisible's "There is no them" mantra - anyone else?
  5. Yep, definitely Adam's song.
  6. 1st listen now, so glad that the Glastonbury riff has seen the light of day, the few times they got it right live i thought it was great. happy days.
  7. I did not hear the Glasto riff... need to listen again!
  8. Initially I wasn't sure about this song, but it grew on me after a couple of plays. Let's start with the title. There's no subtle message behind this one. Volcanoes are one of nature's least understood features and a universal symbol of power. When the song starts off with Adam's bass line, you know that it's all about power. This song is really, really easy to get into. For the first few listens, I didn't even care about the lyrics because the song just made me feel strong enough to take down the world. Good stuff.

9/10
  9. I hadn't heard the Glastonbury nod and was worried I'd forgotten what it actually sounded like but the it comes and kicks me in the nads. Love love love this song.
  10. Originally posted by jofice:I hadn't heard the Glastonbury nod and was worried I'd forgotten what it actually sounded like but the it comes and kicks me in the nads. Love love love this song.

YOU!!
    ARE!!
    a pocket full of sunsh-eeeyyyaaa-ne!!!!

It kicks you like a train! It's so awesome to recognise bits and pieces of music throughout the album, isn't it?
  11. The Glastonbury riff deserved more, that riff is a song on its own. Love it!!
  12. Finally heard it today! LOVE IT. And I agree that the riff deserved more. Who knows? Maybe one of the new songs on the deluxe edition has more of the riff? I want to hear a full realized version of Glastonbury as well.