1. I agree with everyone else, this sounds like gold.
  2. Having the rarely played (on the Vertigo Tour, anyway) "Walk On" and "Bad" is a real treat.

3. We can't have everything at once all the time. This culture of self-entitlement is depressing...

I like the fact that some things are hoarded because they can then be used to tease out soundboards/proshots/IEM's etc...

How did you think the proshots of Washington 92, LA 87 etc came out? Through trading circles that broke down... Don't bite the hand that feeds you and call tapers that can create amazing recordings like this "pig faces". It seems at once both crass and short-sighted...
  4. Originally posted by pleasegone:I can promise anyone this: If I ever, ever, ever...get hold of a rare concert recording, I will not suddenly turn into some member of the Royal Family, and feel like I am so much better than the rest of the world...that the recording has to die with me.

Just think about it: We all are going to die someday. 40,000 years from now, NOBODY, not even the most dedicated U2 fan in that era will give a crap who I_Will_Follow6969 was on some stupid message board. (If this world exists 40,000 years from now, U2 will likely not be any part of popular culture, but we can always hope)

If you have something that some pig faced holier than thou trader taped....release it. Since we are all going to die, why not let everybody here enjoy it while we can. Although I don't have much of a collection, I will always do my best to share what I have. I'd love to have a non-downloaded copy of the Las Vegas Pop Mart DVD show...but nobody will even make me a dvd-r of it. Someday I hope to see that show, but I am holding out hope that I will get to see it. I have never said no to anybody asking for anything from me that is even close to reasonable. Well, that's my point.

Just to put it into perspective the things that went into this recording:
    1. Taper bought/borrowed $3000+ worth of gear
    2. Bought optimal tickets for reception, and flew across county for this show
    3. Lugged all the gear in and ran it the whole time

Nobody gave him anything for free...what's obligating him to give freebies to you?

And that's not to mention the hours that I spent cleaning up and mixing the two sources...

Me thinks you're not going to get very far by just demanding tapers give you all their stuff while you produce nothing other than insults.
  5. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]

Just to put it into perspective the things that went into this recording:
    1. Taper bought/borrowed $3000+ worth of gear
    2. Bought optimal tickets for reception, and flew across county for this show
    3. Lugged all the gear in and ran it the whole time

Nobody gave him anything for free...what's obligating him to give freebies to you?

And that's not to mention the hours that I spent cleaning up and mixing the two sources...

Me thinks you're not going to get very far by just demanding tapers give you all their stuff while you produce nothing other than insults.

I tend to agree. There is an "art" (and science, of course) to making these tapes. I don't expect a painter to give me his work for free, nor would I expect a Shakespearean actor to come to my house and recite Hamlet soliliquies to me and get nothing in return.However, if they WANT to give me these things, I might take them... well, maybe not the Shakespeare stuff.

6. The sound is AMAZING *.*
  7. Some people dont deserve all these recordings.

Thanks to the one who brought this out in the open! You have spoiled us again, some have been spoiled a bit too much!
  8. Thanks very much for sharing this - I was at this show and for days afterwards could not get the version of Bad out of my head - great to listen to it again!

9. Im downloading now, setlist looks incredible (acoustic Walk Ons are down)
  10. absolutely incredible sound!!!!!!

here are the sure-fire steps to ensure that any U2 fan has access to every recording from here on out:

1. get a plane ticket
    2. buy the gear
    3. record the show......

unless you're willing to do some of the work and foot some of the cost, why should you have access to the same shows as the person who went through all the trouble? my answer is, you shouldn't...we're lucky to have the shows available that we've gotten to this point, and tapers deserve respect and thanks for all the trouble....and if they don't want to share what they've recorded, tough shit--- get some recording gear and go for it, i say and if you don't have money, or the time, or whatever, again: tough shit......
  11. it never ceases to amaze me how someone can record a show (and most of the time have to be sneaky about it) and make it sound as good as this one, without access to the soundboard or anything..

i am in awe

12. great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!