1. incredible version of the Fly, and i LOOOOVE the drumming at the end of UTEOTW......Walk On is also quite cool.....all-in-all, an excellent recording!!!!!!
  2. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]

Just to put it into perspective the things that went into this recording:
    1. Taper bought/borrowed $3000+ worth of gear
    2. Bought optimal tickets for reception, and flew across county for this show
    3. Lugged all the gear in and ran it the whole time

Nobody gave him anything for free...what's obligating him to give freebies to you?

And that's not to mention the hours that I spent cleaning up and mixing the two sources...

Me thinks you're not going to get very far by just demanding tapers give you all their stuff while you produce nothing other than insults.

I am not demanding anybody do shit. I'm saying if I ever get something nobody else has, I will
    make sure it is shared. I can promise you I won't be a jerk and die with it. If you spend $5 billion dollars to secure every single soundboard recording of Bono brushing his teeth, more power to you. That's your right to do so. My opinion is if I ever got hold of anything rare, I'm not going to become a member of the Royal Family or become some far right winger who feels special and wants someone to praise them for their collection.

If you think I'm a schmuck for thinking that way, great. I just know that 15% of my collection is due to somebody sharing with me. I have made over 4,000 tapes and cdr for free for the fans of the multiple artists I follow, and I don't ever hold anything back. Due to being generous and the fact that I only have so much time, I can't always copy things in a timely manner, but nobody is ever that unhappy with trading with me.

3. how prominent is the click track??

4. not overly in my opinion, it takes away from a few songs here and there, but on more 'full' sounding songs or once songs have hit their straps it's barely noticeable

great recording
  5. Actually you are demanding that somebody "does shit." You demanded that folks burn "pigfaced" tapers and release their stuff, even if the taper doesn't want it out. All that does is lead to more animosity and stuff gets held back.

Let me give an example. Me. I've taped a bunch of stuff, and have a bunch of stuff that I've gotten from other tapers. Long time ago, I was adamant about it never getting out in order to build up trade bait. Now, not as big of a deal. I don't let everything out, but I do let some goodies out. If I had been burned for 1 good recording back in the day, likely I would have never released squat. Now I've loosened up and there's been more recordings in general.

Basically, if you don't produce, then just be grateful about what you do get *for free*. I think there's a lot more work that goes into producing recordings than you understand...ESPECIALLY these high end ear monitor recordings.

Enjoy the Miami mix. Probably took me ~30 hours off and on. And that's just the mix.
  6. Just listening to this bootleg. Thank you so much, incredible sound, incredible show. Great great job, a must have. listening to this mix is a great experience with a lot of new sounds.
    Many thanks, i dream every bootleg would be so good.
  7. Originally posted by hoserama:Actually you are demanding that somebody "does shit." You demanded that folks burn "pigfaced" tapers and release their stuff, even if the taper doesn't want it out. All that does is lead to more animosity and stuff gets held back.

Let me give an example. Me. I've taped a bunch of stuff, and have a bunch of stuff that I've gotten from other tapers. Long time ago, I was adamant about it never getting out in order to build up trade bait. Now, not as big of a deal. I don't let everything out, but I do let some goodies out. If I had been burned for 1 good recording back in the day, likely I would have never released squat. Now I've loosened up and there's been more recordings in general.

Basically, if you don't produce, then just be grateful about what you do get *for free*. I think there's a lot more work that goes into producing recordings than you understand...ESPECIALLY these high end ear monitor recordings.

Enjoy the Miami mix. Probably took me ~30 hours off and on. And that's just the mix.

Gee, I don't remember saying all that. I can tell you I have spent hours editing shows and splicing things to fix errors for others without charging a dime. I don't want a reward, and don't want somebody to kiss my ass and tell me how great I am. I admit I like the occasional thank you, and one friend kept me on the phone for almost an hour telling me how great a job I did on some rare stuff, but he didn't have to. I don't speak European too well, as I am just a poor left wing liberal American....but I'm not a bloody Wanker who thinks I am special because I have a recording that you don't. Just by putting my opinions out there, I might get a bunch of requests for what I have, but sadly, most of my best stuff is Non-U2, but I am always free to copy anything I do have.

We just have a difference of opinion. I will share whatever I have, and the others can think about how they sold their house so they could record the show, and how they walked uphill in the mud to get to the show, and how they got their ass kicked by sercurity trying to tape it, and then had to sell their car on the way home to pay for it all. I really could care less.

Just because my opinion is that everything should be shared is not gonna change a thing. The self-righteous wankers will keep their rare recordings to themselves, and their select
    worthy friends, and people like me will be paying Godfather Records or whoever to get a chance to listen to stuff.

If I walked through a buring building to get a master tape of an awesome show, I'd release it for free, and hope to get a few donations to pay for the burn unit fees. If not, I'd just be another charred U2 taper. It has been made clear to me that the tapers go through Earthly hell to get the recordings, and I should be happy for the ones that leak.

8. Downloading now.

Though I never had any love for Vertigo tour they always kick ass in Miami (97 comes to mind) - so I have a good feeling about this.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:This concert took place exactly 8 years after (and less than 6 kms away from) my beloved 97 Miami concert, and that's why I will download it right away. Yeah's words make this even more appealing.

Well, just call us twins...
  10. I cant even open this on my mac