1. Yes, they need to upload a ton of stuff to streaming services.

There's no real excuse for this anymore.
  2. How much of u2 is actually live these days ? Just wondering if there’s a lot more going on backstage ?
  3. For me one of the most disapointing things about U2 nowadays is that listening to concert recordings of the latest tours and especially the official dowloads we have, you should think that there is a whole orchestra on stage and background singers.........., but just 4 on stage.

I think more than half the show is prerecorded.
  4. Originally posted by ferrari:For me one of the most disapointing things about U2 nowadays is that listening to concert recordings of the latest tours and especially the official dowloads we have, you should think that there is a whole orchestra on stage and background singers.........., but just 4 on stage.

I think more than half the show is prerecorded.
    On the Zoo TV tour they used a lot sequencers especially on the Achtung Baby and Zooropa songs to fill out the sound whether that counts as pre recorded is another question but most of the foreground stuff they do is live,It goes back to the UF tour which got them more into experimenting with sound after working with Eno and Lanois.
  5. I know, but one or another, nowadays it irritates me more than in the past.

For U2 it's time to change the concert approach. But thats my personal opinion.
  6. What, get rid of Terry?

He plays the stuff live or at least triggers parts.

You just can’t see him. He's the fifth member of U2.
  7. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:What, get rid of Terry?

He plays the stuff live or at least triggers parts.

You just can’t see him. He's the fifth member of U2.
    Of course not, let him play on stage. Why hide him?
  8. Might Song for Someone actually be a decent song? I am alarmed at these thoughts. Is there a register that I must sign?
  9. Decent for karaokes at least
  10. It’s a lovely little song. You’ve known all along, don’t fight it
  11. Originally posted by ferrari:I know, but one or another, nowadays it irritates me more than in the past.

For U2 it's time to change the concert approach. But thats my personal opinion.
    The live U2 I fell in love with was just 4 guys and their instruments; although Bono's guitar skills were so rudimentary he only played on I Fall Down. To hear that kind of naked sound again would be innovative these days.
  12. That could be also the change in approach, just 4 guys on stage thats it.
    My U2 fandom started with Under a blood red sky.