1. I'm obviously in the minority here, but I actually like Stuck full-band. Thought it was great during the Elevation tour. That being said, it is definitely dull the way they do it now as acoustic. I also think that Stay's album/electric version is boring and the acoustic renditions from the Elevation Tour are miles ahead of the ZooTV. That's what I think, that's why I voted Stay.
  2. Originally posted by PEDRO67:When they played Stay in Berlin last year, it was one of the greatest live moments Ive ever had - it was incredible

I wasn't there, but every time I hear it, sends shivers down my spine and I have goosebumps all the way. Most brilliant U2 moment since....
  3. I find myself in the minority here, but I voted NLOTH acoustic. It just has more rhythm and certain catchiness that just shines, along with Larry drumming.

Stay is a close 2nd for me. It's just wonderful hearing the "Oh, oh, OH" in the middle eight, espcally sung by a large audience. Just sends shivers down my spine.
  4. Originally posted by PageU2:I find myself in the minority here, but I voted NLOTH acoustic. It just has more rhythm and certain catchiness that just shines, along with Larry drumming.

Stay is a close 2nd for me. It's just wonderful hearing the "Oh, oh, OH" in the middle eight, espcally sung by a large audience. Just sends shivers down my spine.

I wouldn't necessarily say any of these songs work better acoustically than in full band, and most of them certainly don't. However, the semi acoustic NLotH really has a lot to it. Edit: It got my vote.

Stay and Stuck work great, while Desire and most especially IaLW are far better full, electronic band.

Then again, I can't recall ever hearing IaLW acoustically.

5. ...have you ever actually listened to the lyrics?

6. Stay is not the same as One, he can get married to it - it's not a bitter song

7. its not a marriage song but each to their own...
  8. Which song works better played acoustic than full band? (poll started on 2010-09-06)

Stay (Faraway, So Close!) - 29.3%
    None of these, full band always is better - 29.1%
    Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of - 15.2%
    No Line On The Horizon - 8.3%
    Desire - 7.7%
    In A Little While - 7.2%
    They all work better acoustic than full band - 3.2%

Votes: 690