1. For all of you interested (doubt there will be many), Kasabian streaming live from Leicester on BBC Radio 1 tonight.

Homecoming gig for them.
  2. Originally posted by alanofjones:Did you learn much with U2 on their giant 360 tour?
    Nah, mate, I didn't take in anything supporting them, them gigs were horrible. Worst ever. U2 fans are cardboard cut-outs. Can you imagine supporting U2? Their fans are probably into one band and one album - Joshua Tree.
    I didn't learn anything 'cos that's just a f---ing different level. It was amazing to watch and meet them, but I didn't learn anything apart from just get the f--- out (laughs).

what a nob. i had these on my list of to see bands.... maybe re think is in order,

if nothing else he should have looked at this commercially. a support slot to the biggest band in the world who are in their 50's??, at some point u2 will quit whether we like it or not, they should be looking to impress and steal future fans instead of insulting us. so glad i saw elbow and snow patrol as supports on the 360.

kaiser chiefs are a similar style of band but much better.

asshole.

I wouldn't read too much into these comments......

U2 and Kasabian are from completely different generations and have their own outlooks.
    U2 are a corporate machine now and everything they undertake is probably a massive enterprise in terms of planning etc. Kasabian on the other hand are still about swagger and doing things on the spur of the moment and getting their music out there (their site is always streaming free gigs, acoustic sessions and interviews).

I agree that Elbow and snow patrol were better suited to 360 as their music has a softer more operatic quality to the melodies which would be more appealing to U2 fans based on their average age (a lot of U2 fans have grown up with the band) and having seen all 3 bands live on their own tours I have to say that Kasabian blew them away.

Dont snub them for having an opinion. If you go and see them in their own setting you will understand tom's comments about cardboard cutouts.

Cheers

Z

3. I had some goosebumps listening to this:

Lana's voice is just so amazing in this cover. The whole cover is just amazing. Look at the second most voted comment in Youtube: "This song is like love in the last year of college". Amazing
  4. Yeh this is one of my favourite Kasabian songs, sounds like none of their other songs

5. Did you listen to the cover? It's heartbreaking.
  6. Yup listening to it again now, great cover. Have u listened to the original? Back when the album was released i was going to post that song here to try and get some more Kasabian love floating around but then Tom said that stuff about the 360 tour so i thought there was no point haha.
  7. hahaha, yes, that was a big, big piece of bullshit. Shame on him.

And yes, of course I've listened to the original. It's such a distinctive song, it deviates so much from their traditional pure rock style, it's special.
  8. New song! New album out June 9

9. And the lead single

10. I like the new Eez-eh, I can see the fans going nuts for it live.

And speaking of Kasabian live, I'm seeing them in a small theatre in a town just outside Edinburgh. That'll be nuts.
  11. Originally posted by KieranU2:I like the new Eez-eh, I can see the fans going nuts for it live.

And speaking of Kasabian live, I'm seeing them in a small theatre in a town just outside Edinburgh. That'll be nuts.

Nice, I've only seen them once, and it is still one of the best concerts ive seen.

Hopefully they come to Aus with this new album.
  12. Still can't get into this guys. A few hits are mindblowing but I find it hard to dig deeper...