1. I look forward to hearing that.
  2. not cool how they've been working on this album for years and they're still having to scrape the barrel of ancient outtakes to get material.

that said, i'm curious and would like to hear it.
  3. I'd be happy to hear any new Aerosmith. But you'd think given they've been working on this album since 2006 or 2007, they'd have 10 new songs done. Even for Joe Perry's last albums (2005 and 2009), he had supposedly heaps of songs he'd written left over.

Oh and it's not just Jack Douglas they're working with either. Marti Frederiksen is also in on the sessions, unfortunately. If you're unfamiliar with Marti - think of Jaded, Girls Of Summer and Fly Away From Here. So if he manages to get his 'supposed' songwriting skills in on the sessions, expect a boring-ass pop ballad.

It could be worse, they could write with Diane Warren again (I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing). She works well with a few singers (Meat Loaf, Celine Dion, Trisha Yearwood and Whitney Houston) - Aerosmith, for me at least; not so much.

Speaking of 'scraping the barrel', here's my favourite barrel song. Originally recorded during Pump.

4. This is pretty big news that deserves a bump to this thread.

Aerosmith's brand-new single 'Legendary Child' is being played for the first time ever on Pittsburgh's 102.5 WDVE radio station - 10pm Wednesday night. Don't know how many of you have ever heard of it (yeah me neither) but you can stream it from their website.
  5. Awesome I love Aerosmith!
    I never have time to listen to albums,
    too busy with other duties but this is a must buy!
  6. Not a fan but they were good in their day. Until Steven Tyler turned into a tool..
  7. They (all of them) just performed "Walk This Way" on American Idol.

8. You think Springsteen or Radiohead would do something like that? LOL
  9. Well...Bruce played the Super Bowl (not the same is it?)

Radiohead - hahahahahahaha! I'm surprised they've played at the Grammy Awards!

10. Not sure how long this will be up, but the new Aerosmith single sounds like they re-wrote "Nobody's Fault" and made the music more pop, kept a similar vocal arrangement, and a kind of weak chorus. I don't like it at the moment, but it could grow on me
  11. I was hoping somebody would comment on their new single and see if anybody shares my opinion or has a drastically different opinion...Anybody?
  12. It sounds more like Jailbait mixed with something from Nine Lives.