1. Originally posted by wangmaster:bump.

anyone willing to recommend some good aerosmith bootlegs to start me off? i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to their live stuff.

It's official, but I picked up their live double-disc "A Little South of Sanity" from their 92 (?) tour (might have been a little later than that, not sure), and I think its fantastic.
  2. ^ yeah, i already have ALSOS, and it is great for sure. they totally rip it up when they want to.

3. Well, I'll bump your bump then. I'd also love some Aerosmith bootlegs...particularly anything from the PUMP or Permanent Vacation tours.
  4. Pink is awesome,rest is up of both awesome and bad songs.
  5. I love Aerosmith. So many great songs, and I'm a big fan of the blues cover album they did a few years back. That just smokes.
  6. Not my cup of tea - think they are rank rotten to be honest but each to their own opinion.
  7. i recently listened to Honkin on bobo (thanx to Drew recommendation ) and i found it well done .. good oldies in good modern key, actually old Aerosmith style hehe
    i'm stuck in their 70's (GnR owe much to them ) that i like very much; since the 80's i find few good things by them
  8. I like them, they have some mean guitar riffs!
  9. bought Steve Tyler's book in the airport yesterday, i'm really excited to read it. bet there's more than a few jaw dropping shenanigans recounted.
  10. BUMP.

i've decided their self titled record is one of the best of all time.

also, for anyone who's interested, their Behind the Music special (circa JPP-era) has recently been uploaded in full onto youtube. it's a crackin' watch.

11. certainly it has such a couple of great classics of rock such as Dream on and Mama kin

12. Aerosmith, to me, are two different bands (pre- and post- Permanent Vaction) - for somewhat obvious reasons. Lots of "catchy" songs from PV, Pump, and even Get A Grip but they lack a certain authenticity that their earlier work does. The second generation albums were a bit too overproduced and the music itself relies too much on the promotional videos. I can't think of Steven Tyler without thinking of Alicia Silverstone.