1. The obvious answer like most of us here is Mr The Edge But outside of U2 I really like Matt Bellamy of Muse, Peter Buck of REM, John Frusciante of the Chilli Peppers, the awesome duo of Keith and Ronnie from The Rolling Stones and looking down the food chain a bit I'm a fan of the slightly more simplistic playing of Jay Malinowski of Bedouin Soundclash

And on the topic of Bono's playing anyone else vote we get Edge to 'misplace' Bono's guitars before the next tour?
  2. Originally posted by nicktheidiotThe obvious answer like most of us here is Mr The Edge But outside of U2 I really like Matt Bellamy of Muse, Peter Buck of REM, John Frusciante of the Chilli Peppers, the awesome duo of Keith and Ronnie from The Rolling Stones and looking down the food chain a bit I'm a fan of the slightly more simplistic playing of Jay Malinowski of Bedouin Soundclash

And on the topic of Bono's playing anyone else vote we get Edge to 'misplace' Bono's guitars before the next tour?

No! That's one of those lovable things about Bono-the fact that he can't play
    but he still tries!
  3. The Edge of course. But honorable mentions for Jimi Hendrix, Keith Richards. John Frusciante, and Matt Bellamy
  4. Edge of course!

and I really like Peter Buck [from R.E.M.] and John Frusciante [from RHCP]!

5. THE EDGE
  6. Ofcourse The Edge.....other than that I dont really like self indulgent players....to me real guitaring is showing your artistry,painting epic textures.....blokes like Johnny Marr,John Frusciante etc etc
  7. At last,someone mentions Johnny Marr.............
  8. Dont underestimate Bono's guitar skills!
    Watch Stay (Far away so close), Dublin 1993-08-28
    This is an example of song, where Bono did just AWESOME job of a rhythm-guitarist.
    The rhythm of this song is rather complex, the chords which Bono uses (at least during the 1st verse) have their 1-st string muted by his left hand, and that creates a very special sound. Btw, I havent noticed him using this feature during any other performances of Stay ever, and this is very sad.
    Still, keeping with this rhythm, using "muted" chords and singing at the same time is not an easy job, you can trust me!

My favourite guitarist is David Gilmour. Even now he still rocks with his guitar, just listen to some "Wearing The Inside Out" performances, very delicate and deep sound.
  9. Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jimi Hendrix are also not bad
  10. John Frusciante and The Edge
  11. The Edge and Satrani
  12. The Edge
    Jimi Hendrix
    Lindsay Buckingham Fleetwood Mac
    Daniel Lanois
    Greetings from Germany!!!