1. Bono may not actually be a very good guitarist, but I think he's very good at looking like he knows what he's doing. He holds the guitar very naturally, but his voice is definitely his better instrument.

Edge is by far my favorite guitarist, and I'd rate him 2nd best (after Jimi Hendrix). Other favorites include Gem Archer, Ed O'Brien/Thom Yorke/Jonny Greenwood, Paul Weller, Nick Valensi and Albert Hammond Jr. Thom Yorke is an exceptional guitarist because he can play very complex guitar parts while at the same time singing very well.
  2. Originally posted by djrlewis

2nd favourite behind Edge though would be Matt Bellamy from Muse - man, this guy can play. Amazing

yeah he's pretty good, I've heard people call him the best there is today.
  3. Keith Richards!!!! all the way second of course the edge but Keith is an incredible performer so is Ronnie
  4. Well I have a lot. The Edge as well, Slash, Kirk Hammet, Joe Perry and for the best harmonizers, Dave Murray and Adrian Smith
  5. Not that there terribly good as far as guitars go overall but The Eagles solos and use of guitar harmonies in place of horns is great. Download One of These Night to get my drift.
  6. Originally posted by easports43[..]

Of course he can throw it. If it slips out of his hands it'll just bounce off his stomach.

HAhahahahahaha
    Good one
  7. Originally posted by germcevoyif anyone says Bono they get banned

Bono knows how to play?

Kidding!!

The Edge, of course. I think he's just so cool. Even my 8 year old son loves him. Before last Christmas he asked for a Guitar, and my family pitched in and bought him one. He's starting lessons next week! I find him locking himself in his room and jamming. He's so cute
  8. Originally posted by IzzyU2[..]

Bono knows how to play?

Kidding!!

The Edge, of course. I think he's just so cool. Even my 8 year old son loves him. Before last Christmas he asked for a Guitar, and my family pitched in and bought him one. He's starting lessons next week! I find him locking himself in his room and jamming. He's so cute

Awesome! I'm picking it up again. Just gotta buy a better guitar.
  9. lindsey buckingham from fleetwood mac, if you listen to his last album "Under the skin" you'll know why he was called the most under-rated guitarist, he is amazing, just listen to his stuff and you'll see why.
  10. Edge, then Keith Richards. Too cool.

Don't give up your day job Bono.
  11. Originally posted by drewhigginsEdge, then Keith Richards. Too cool.

Don't give up your day job Bono.

12. The Edge is mine hands down. I think Leonard Cohen actually comes in second. I know he known as a songwriter and poet much more than a guitarist but he has a beautiful finger picking style. The two guitarists from Interpol are excellent as well, even though The Edge has seeped into them as well. I think the guitarist from the Strokes has a great gift for really good melody. Lou Reed and Jon Cale get honorable mentions