1. Do you know what the sign is saying? I think the patter would be right up U2’s street.
  2. It's just a joke about all these Scots that complain every time an artist announces a tour and Scotland isn't in their itinerary
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It's just a joke about all these Scots that complain every time an artist announces a tour and Scotland isn't in their itinerary
    I did figure you might be joking. Wasn’t sure if you thought the sign was maybe giving bad advice. I do sympathise with fellow Scots that get annoyed at u2 not touring here, a country that backed them from the very early days, but I like a show on the road so it doesn’t bother me so much from a personal point of view, but I shouldn’t go into it on this thread anyway.
  4. The title is pure click-bait. If you read the article, it says "in the absence of [new treatments or vaccines] surveillance and intermittent distancing may need to be maintained into 2022". We know that China and other countries are developing vaccines that will most likely be ready by 2021, so this is only a super ultra worst case scenario.
    What is true is that we will have to get used to intermittent lockdowns in 2020. Some months where the economy will be reopened followed by a month where some lockdown measures may have to be implemented, maybe not as drastic as the ones we have now.
  5. I completely agree that 2020 is gonna pretty much suck for us all. But people seem to be jumping to the worst case scenario, and nobody can convince them otherwise. But to just completely write off 2021 and 2022 at this point is definitely premature.

My feeling is that a month ago we were told millions of Americans were going to die, piles of dead bodies everywhere, hospitals overflowing everywhere. The reality is that outside of NYC and a couple other hotspots, that hasn't turned out to be the case. Social distancing has worked so far, I think. The curve is definitely flattening. Every death is still a tragedy, I'm not trying to discount the suffering of those individuals or their families. My point is that this situation looks a lot different now than it did a month ago. Whose to say that in late 2020/early 2021 things won't have changed and it will be nothing like what the doomsdayers are predicting?

Here in Ohio, we have had 324 deaths. Hospitals are laying off employees because there is nothing for them to do, and no money to pay them with, because they aren't getting any other patients. People that I have seen are still obeying the social distancing quite well, including myself. I've been doing everything I'm supposed to, most that I know have been.
  6. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    The title is pure click-bait. If you read the article, it says "in the absence of [new treatments or vaccines] surveillance and intermittent distancing may need to be maintained into 2022". We know that China and other countries are developing vaccines that will most likely be ready by 2021, so this is only a super ultra worst case scenario.
    What is true is that we will have to get used to intermittent lockdowns in 2020. Some months where the economy will be reopened followed by a month where some lockdown measures may have to be implemented, maybe not as drastic as the ones we have now.
    Totally agree , the whole article is scaremongering rubbish . We will have a vaccine long before then . Oxford uni is confident of a vaccine by September, whether that happens is another question though , but you would imagine if not late this year sometime in 2021
  7. Originally posted by podiumboy:I completely agree that 2020 is gonna pretty much suck for us all. But people seem to be jumping to the worst case scenario, and nobody can convince them otherwise. But to just completely write off 2021 and 2022 at this point is definitely premature.

My feeling is that a month ago we were told millions of Americans were going to die, piles of dead bodies everywhere, hospitals overflowing everywhere. The reality is that outside of NYC and a couple other hotspots, that hasn't turned out to be the case. Social distancing has worked so far, I think. The curve is definitely flattening. Every death is still a tragedy, I'm not trying to discount the suffering of those individuals or their families. My point is that this situation looks a lot different now than it did a month ago. Whose to say that in late 2020/early 2021 things won't have changed and it will be nothing like what the doomsdayers are predicting?

Here in Ohio, we have had 324 deaths. Hospitals are laying off employees because there is nothing for them to do, and no money to pay them with, because they aren't getting any other patients. People that I have seen are still obeying the social distancing quite well, including myself. I've been doing everything I'm supposed to, most that I know have been.
    I think the problem is that social distancing works, but it’s extremely costly. 6 months down the line it will be a social disaster, with millions of unemployed etc. I hope I’m wrong. But GDP is falling 30% or so. Unemployment here in Austria has gone from 4 to 14% in three weeks. Schools for smaller kids — Kindergartens, elementary schools — are all closed for the foreseeable future.

Here’s the problem as I see it. We can avoid massive death tolls. But at the cost of freezing the economy. It’s not because the curve is going down that we’re out of the woods. Start normal life again, and the Italy / NY specter is right behind the corner.

Life will have to be abnormal for a long time. We’re getting used to looking after our small children in turns and to working every other day. Who knows when Kindergartens will be open again. And good luck to us working a full time job while looking after the small kids...
  8. Well....I’m back on the lawns.i began to work yesterday but just for ordinary work.i mean I’m around cleaning up gardens and all that my job is about.but if someone asks me to make a “new “ garden,well I can’t.that means that surely this year i will bill a lot less.that is not good.this year i will “survive”.i try to think about who is worse than me so that i can live with what i got.surely no holiday and many other stuff.economy is really going down.on every side.we will have to be patient...we have survived September 11th and the Lehman Brothers....so.keep the faith.it’s just a moment,this time will pass
  9. Originally posted by Fly40:Well....I’m back on the lawns.i began to work yesterday but just for ordinary work.i mean I’m around cleaning up gardens and all that my job is about.but if someone asks me to make a “new “ garden,well I can’t.that means that surely this year i will bill a lot less.that is not good.this year i will “survive”.i try to think about who is worse than me so that i can live with what i got.surely no holiday and many other stuff.economy is really going down.on every side.we will have to be patient...we have survived September 11th and the Lehman Brothers....so.keep the faith.it’s just a moment,this time will pass
    Amen and very well put. Wishing you success and hoping for happiness and healthy times for you and your family in the future.