2018-11-13 - Berlin
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 6
  1. Originally posted by zbych:[..]
    As far as I know FLAC is audio
    and that is like talking hey that was on Spotify it can’t be better on CD.... yes it can!

As long as they go with LPCM 2.0 audio track (which I’m pretty sure they did on all dvds so far, this will be the only uncompressed - lossless audio for Berlin)

In streams on u2.con you have

3840x2160 - 5.49 GB
    Audio: AAC 509 Kbps
    Video: 4577 Kbps

1920x1080 - 2.00 GB
    Audio: AAC 317 Kbps
    Video: 1521 Kbps
    I mean he wanted 5.1 sound and you recomended to wait for DVD, but 5.1 sound won't be on DVD
  2. Why not? Older DVD's also have 5.1 sound
  3. Dvd will have both 2.0 pcm and 5.1 dts track just like all the others
  4. Actually a DVD can hold 5gb capacity. Maybe they're going to put the 4K, 5.1 version out this way?
  5. Just to simplify it for me is the audio from the dvd converted to mp3 likely to be better than the audio converted to MP3 from the stream? Or have less imperfections at least like the cracklings etc that the stream seems to have.
  6. Dual layer dvds hold almost 9 gb.
  7. Audio from DVD should be better if it has a PCM track, it is already mixed in two channels and lossless
  8. I meant better for converting to standard audio formats
  9. Tried converting to FLAC and mp3 and I get the same problem both times: the audio file is clipped and crackling. I opened the files up with Audacity and the dynamic range on them is nil. Almost every second of audio hits the top of the scale, which explains the clipping and crackling. The thing is that I don't hear any crackling or clipping when listening to the downloaded video file. The audio on the video file is clear and pristine.
  10. you can use free software like audacity or more professional software like adobe audition or soundbouth !
  11. If you are recording from the stream you have to turn the stream volume down - by design its VERY loud to make a recording sound awful... I took it down to 1/4 and its PERFECT...
  12. I cannot download the stream with HLS. IT states that no stream is available. Can someone perhaps send it to me in a personal message or help me with HLS?