1. I can only speak about shows i saw. For me it's clearly Brussels 2005.
  2. I'd say Dublin 1 on I&E. An epic day with friends in Dublin. The show was good, wasn't great. I wouldn't say it was bad, but i'd say out of my 9 shows, it was easily my least favourite.
  3. Amsterdam Rai 1989, after less than an hour Bono lost hist voice.
    Amsterdam 2015-09-09, great show, sound and view, but closing with ISHFWLF, ruins the show for me.
  4. For me, too. And the next one in Gelsenkirchen.
    Don't know what it was - maybe the screen that was not very good in broad daylight, maybe the bad sound in the stadium... maybe it's been me, not being up to it for some reason I can't remember now.

What I can remember though is that I was disappointed that An Cat Dubh had been dropped, that Until The End did not work as a second song in the sunlight, that the new arrangement for New Years Day, albeit welcome, seemed underrehearsed and that the version of Bullet seemed quite lame, compared to other versions before, at least to me. The stage was the least impressive of all U2's outdoor stages since 1987 and did not enhance the experience.

But all of this is my personal verdict, maybe I just hab a bad week back then, who knows?
  5. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:What's the worst ever U2 show?

Since we have threads about the best... what are the worst U2 shows?

Obviously Las Vegas 1997 is up there.

You were there? Just curious, because I was there - and for me it was just awesome, mind-blowing. Yes, the band was under pressure, not fully under steam, but under-rehearsed hm (they did long soundchecks during the weeks before in the desert, we were listening for ours out there in the desert. Beautiful memories). Us fans, we did not know after ZOO and Passengers what to expect at all, you entered and then this live monster surrected: What a stage, what a sound. A lot of people laugh today about Staring At The Sun, but it was honestly more funny than bad. Much more bitter was for example the performance of One at 360's in my eyes and ears completely overrated opening night of Barcelona. In Nevada 1997 take tunes like Last Night On Earth, Gone, Please or Do You Feel Loved, the snippets and the band still kind of young, kind of hungry to turn a warm evening into a magical night. So, Las Vegas '97 is for me a lot, but obviously not among the "worst" U2 shows, whatever that shoud be. I've seen in the last three decades for U2-concerts, that were for sure a few levels below any POPmart gig. The most shocking night is and will be Berlin II in 2018. A real low point, sad, tragic, but not a "worst" category worthy, I guess.

6. For the shows I’ve been to, yes, this was my least favourite too. Something was just off that night.

Berlin 2 was far more enjoyable... until Bono lost his voice!
  7. Personally, in retrospect, the two 360 shows in 2009 I've seen were my least favorites.

Main reasons were weird setlist flow, the song selection being too mellow for that gigantic production, plus the fact that the majority of the Horizon songs just never worked live with a massive stadium audience. The moment where they tried to turn the chorus to Unknown Caller in a massive sing-along is the most awkward I've witnessed at a U2 show bar none. My regret was that I never managed to see a 360 show in 2011, where I thought some of the problems were corrected.

I think Las Vegas '97 gets a lot of flak - deservedly so at times - but comparing it to many other opening nights, it's pretty much in the same vein and it does have certain unique versions (Velvet Dress with the solo), making it more interesting to listen than, say, Barcelona 2009.
  8. My reaction to the first night of JT30 was a bit Dickensian...it was the best of shows, it was the worst of shows.

Best because I was in another city and another country for the first night of a tour, we heard the album in full, we were the first to hear RHMT and The Little Things, plus we had rarities like ASOH. Lots to like.

It was the worst because the transition between album songs was stunted and didn't flow smoothly. The band seemed tense and Bono was unusually reserved. His attempts to engage the people in a sing-along with ASOH and MOTD failed miserably. Miss Sarajevo was too long and dull; and the sound reverberated inside that 'concrete temple'. Even RHMT bugged me because they used a Salvation Army Band when it's a song about coal mining and there is a rich history of colliery brass bands. (I grew up in a mining village in the UK) From my seat, the great visuals were partly obscured by the wave in the screen.

As I hopefully convey, it really was a polarising experience. So much to like and dislike in the one show. Hopefully the first night in Auckland will be different for me.
  9. Dublin 3 for me on e&i, soaked to the bone and so hyped then the folk around me not even jumping for Gloria, elevation etc. Made it feel a bit flat.
  10. It’s all relative, but I think the San Diego JT17 show was the weakest U2 show I’ve ever attended. Rote performance of the album and then an abomination of an attempt at an acoustic version Best Thing.

Overall I found the JT17 tour below average by U2 standards, but SD was particularly uninspiring.