2015-12-06 - Paris
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 29
Audio recordings: 3
  1. Eagles of Death Metal to Play Paris With U2, Continue Tour in February: Source

When Eagles of Death Metal gave their first interview since the Nov. 13 Paris attacks, they vowed to finish their tour and be the first band to play the Bataclan once it reopened. The venue is still on the mends, but it appears Eagles of Death Metal are already returning to the stage.

A source tells Billboard the band will join U2 for its final song this Sunday (Dec. 6) at Paris' AccorHotels Arena. And that's not all -- Eagles of Death Metal will continue its halted European tour in Feb. 2016.

The report also says the Dec. 6 Eagles of Death Metal performance will include co-founder Josh Homme, who often does not tour with the band and was not present at the Nov. 13 attack. The Queens of the Stone Age frontman founded Eagles of Death Metal in the late 1990s, along with Jesse Hughes. On Dec. 2, Hughes guested on Homme's Beats 1 radio show Alligator Hour, and discussed the charity singles artists like the Dean Ween Band have recorded to benefit those affected by the attacks.

U2 will also play the AccorHotels Arena the following night, Dec. 7. That same evening, HBO will premiere U2: Innocence + Experience Live in Paris at 9 p.m. (ET). “HBO presents U2 in concert from their current, groundbreaking Innocence + Experience world tour -- direct from Paris and only on HBO,” the channel’s official site reads.

Both Paris shows were originally scheduled for Nov. 14 and 15, but were postponed after the attacks. Bono and his bandmates were extremely supportive of Eagles of Death Metal during the tumultuous weekend, buying them new phones, offering them use of their plane, and providing counsel on what they'd just endured.

Eagles of Death Metal Reflect on Paris Benefits in Tearjerking Beats 1 Episode

The tragedy on Nov. 13 left 130 dead, 89 of them at Eagles of Death Metal's Bataclan concert, including merch manager Nick Alexander. The members of the band escaped relatively unscathed. For more of their account of the incident, read Billboard's coverage of Eagles of Death Metal's Nov. 25 interview.

A representative told Billboard that Eagles of Death Metal has no comment on the reports of an appearance with U2 and the 2016 tour.
  2. and people say I am crazy...

nice one, Ali, truly happy for you!! enjoy
  3. Adam's doing a live broadcast on Facebook while driving through Paris, awesome stuff. Looks like Facebook gets way more reach than Periscope and Meerkat too.
  4. Just watched it. Awesome fella that Adam
  5. Something special because of christmas. The new song? Christmas (baby please come home)? Or just the special guests?
  6. Crazy weather here. 140 Ryanair flights & over 60 Aer Lingus flights cancelled from Dublin & Cork. I hope it's better tomorrow or I'm screwed. Fuck me this tour is hard work !!
  7. Originally posted by treasure:Crazy weather here. 140 Ryanair flights & over 60 Aer Lingus flights cancelled from Dublin & Cork. I hope it's better tomorrow or I'm screwed. Fuck me this tour is hard work !!
    Good luck, you'll be fine. The storm is supposed to abate but a lot of planes in wrong places at the moment.
  8. Originally posted by Edi:[..]
    Good luck, you'll be fine. The storm is supposed to abate but a lot of planes in wrong places at the moment.
    Hope my plane makes it to Cork for tomorrow morning !!