2015-12-06 - Paris
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 29
Audio recordings: 3
  1. I am surprised that they are not altering the production around the Dublin bomb sequence. That is traumatic enough without having been in Paris 3 weeks ago. I assume something will happen.
  2. Originally posted by Edi:I am surprised that they are not altering the production around the Dublin bomb sequence. That is traumatic enough without having been in Paris 3 weeks ago. I assume something will happen.
    I don't. The band will feel it's important to deliver the same show they played in Paris before the attacks. The people of Paris can handle it. They don't want to be babied because of what happened. They want things as they were and U2 shouldn't water anything down because of it.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I don't. The band will feel it's important to deliver the same show they played in Paris before the attacks. The people of Paris can handle it. They don't want to be babied because of what happened. They want things as they were and U2 shouldn't water anything down because of it.
    Oh I do understand where they are coming from for sure... the Sarajevo principle and all that (but that was Popmart vs.post- civil war) but I remember the impact of that sequence on myself when I first saw it.... quite shocking. The idea of putting up pix from tragic events 40+ years ago & 3 bomb blasts with the events of 3 weeks earlier could appear crass. I am sure they ie.Paris can handle it and that statements will be made by Bono which will be appropriate. Maybe Joe just needs to turn down the wick a bit !

I am expecting some MLK and maybe 130 pix or something like that. They did this ie. some nice production tweaks before in 1997 at Parc des Princes. These shows will be emotional.
  4. I expected RBW to be reworked for Belfast but no such thing happened. I'm sure the band will make the correct call either way.
  5. Would love to hear MLK in there and it would be so appropriate...no lights, no screen.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    If U2 water it down then that's sort of giving in. By them playing a perfectly normal show it shows that they are stronger than those who want to wreck havoc on people's lives.
  7. Originally posted by CraigFairlie:[..]
    If U2 water it down then that's sort of giving in. By them playing a perfectly normal show it shows that they are stronger than those who want to wreck havoc on people's lives.
    Yup. I said the same thing before Belfast 1. Nothing more than a few subtle nods were enough to get the point across.
  8. As long as Bono keeps the lalalas in Streets for the HBO show I'm good with anything.

That said, I really expect a very special two nights - whether they play anything unusual (and I can see, if not a new song, an uncommon one like OL, NYD, or AIWIY turning up) or not these are in all likelihood going to be some of the strongest nights of 2015.
  9. Expect Electric Co., Elevation, Sweetest Thing and One for both shows.
  10. Bad/40 for HBO
  11. I wouldn't be surprised if they would pull another Bad & One combo for the two shows.

Plus of course Patti Smith for the Sunday.
  12. Paris1 and 2 were a bit weird because of the practice filming. The crowd were great at 2 but the most amazing bit was the band stop during One when the guy was rescued by Bono from the underground. That was a special impromptu moment which went down extraordinarily well. I would laugh I'd that happened for HBO...Live Aid all over again. Compared to when Patti came on at first at London3 when I was thinking 'who is that old dear ?!'