1. yep la.la.ai charges by the minute, its good program though. Ive never tried demucs so will give that a try aswell
  2. Heard good things about it. Just can't make the per-minute paid system happen for my workflow. Picking up on that National SF recording. I'm working with six feeds for a mix at 150 minutes each. So 900 minutes total of stemming to do for the mixing. Standard pricing looks like $35 per 500 hours, so ~$70 just for this show. There is the high volume pricing, but I'd still blow through that quickly.

So I'll stick with open source demucs
  3. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    Heard good things about it. Just can't make the per-minute paid system happen for my workflow. Picking up on that National SF recording. I'm working with six feeds for a mix at 150 minutes each. So 900 minutes total of stemming to do for the mixing. Standard pricing looks like $35 per 500 hours, so ~$70 just for this show. There is the high volume pricing, but I'd still blow through that quickly.

So I'll stick with open source demucs
    Its pricey to say the least, demucs seems to be not working/down at the moment
  4. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    Yes I remember his microphone wire from way back when, too! England was always my favorite song by them.

Clip of rough mix I'm working on. Still pretty rough...and not happy with some of the compression settings yet either. But just for funsies.
  5. Originally posted by hoserama:Since we're all having fun with IEM stuff today, I'll post a recent story.

Recorded the National in San Francisco the other night. They're very open taping, their manager in particular has been in the taper scene for decades.

First time I've recorded wireless so blatantly open!

Nice story. Reminds me of Alice Cooper. Well I also could tell a different story about Rome 2017, but no fun factor.
  6. Does demucs works better than music rebalans in izotope?
  7. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    Moderately well taped. I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of recordings of them on archive.org and such. I haven't seen them since 2016 (missed last couple times through my way) and Friday's show was great, almost 2.5 hours.

I did seven shows (nearly in a row) all from FOH cage with permission from the band this September/October. They are all up on DIME and the LMA (with Schoeps MK22s). They support open taping at least since 2019 when Eric joined as their manager. Crew is very helpful with everything. Did they allowed a soundboard patch at the nov 10 show with the official tapers section?
  8. Originally posted by hoserama:Since we're all having fun with IEM stuff today, I'll post a recent story.

Recorded the National in San Francisco the other night. They're very open taping, their manager in particular has been in the taper scene for decades. I was walked in backstage before soundcheck with a bunch of gear with me. Got to chat with the monitor engineer, took picture of his transmitters (with frequency + names), and chatted about the IEM ranges and specific mixes. We were mutually introduced to each other as "Long time monitor engineer" and I was "Long time monitor stealer", which was amusing. Got to watch soundcheck (not enough time to setup recording).

Ended up pulling 12x stereo feeds, while a friend of mine did the SBD + Mics from soundboard cage.

First time I've recorded wireless so blatantly open!

9. Yes, much prefer demucs, specifically htdemucs_ft model over RX