1. Originally posted by LikeASong:Whops there was no pun intended... But good one there! Yeah, the accident really did disrupt their promo plans so badly. What I'm actually concerned and worried about is Bono's physical condition for the tour. I don't want him jumping up and down the stage, he's not a monkey, but I don't want him to feel bad or uncomfortable either. Not being able to play guitar will be uncomfortable enough for him...
    Yes it's bothered him since 1983
  2. He's ok when he does solo stuff but when he plays with the band he just stops and starts when he feels like it
  3. I guess that's why Sweetest thing was brought back so that he can play piano on it
  4. You're so crueeel Nah, I'm actually of the opinion that Bono plays better or even much better than it comes across. He just loves to pick up the guitar and mimic or barely play (post 97 performances of One, for example) at times, but when he actually plays, he does it pretty well.

He just has a conflict with the barred minor chords though.
  5. Actually he did some nice stuff on Staring at the sun on Popmart
  6. Yeah, and on Stay during Zoo TV (I hope they perform it full band again someday).

Anyway, we're way off topic
  7. You said they never improvise !!

8. Perfect way to stay offtopic. I love Japan and their general bizarreness, which obviously contributed to the messy performance.

And I fucking love Bono's "We ALWAYS wanted to meet you".
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:Perfect way to stay offtopic. I love Japan and their general bizarreness, which obviously contributed to the messy performance.

And I fucking love Bono's "We ALWAYS wanted to meet you".
    The point is Edge's guitar didn't work so they had to improvise with piano & vocals - now they'd just cancel !!
  10. And I promise to try to stay on topic but anyway everyone else was sleeping