1. Originally posted by germcevoy:Been reading some of the media reviews. The general consensus is that this is their best album sine their worst album. That is not high praise.
    Worst album being? If they mean SOI their totally wrong.
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy:Been reading some of the media reviews. The general consensus is that this is their best album sine their worst album. That is not high praise.
    It depends which album is their worst album, since there is no unanimity, which album this is.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:Been reading some of the media reviews. The general consensus is that this is their best album sine their worst album. That is not high praise.
    better than how to dismantle, horizon and soi according to the reviews, these three were not bad albums imo (especially soi which is pretty good) so, something to look forward to.
  4. Leave Behind and Bomb are the two that keep being mentioned.
  5. I guess it all depends on how impartial reviewers are, and their taste in music and in u2 in particular. E.g. I doubt (m)any of these reviewers appreciate Fez/Being Born, The Crystal Ballroom, No Line or The Troubles as highlights in the band's recent career - while there is a certain consensus among fans.

I'd love to see a review from a hard die fan with the ability to be critical.
  6. For me Zooropa is U2's worst album, so I can chose out of 5.
    But SOI would be hard to beat.
  7. I think my main annoyance with this new album is going to be that it shouldn’t exist. They should not have released SOI until they knew what they truly wanted from it. Going from producer to producer didn’t help then the massive delay with SOE. I reckon there will be one truly great album in there but the band have chosen to split it into two.
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:I think my main annoyance with this new album is going to be that it shouldn’t exist. They should not have released SOI until they knew what they truly wanted from it. Going from producer to producer didn’t help then the massive delay with SOE. I reckon there will be one truly great album in there but the band have chosen to split it into two.
    I'm glad they have split the albums in Innocance and Experience. I liked the stories of the beginning years of the band told on Innocance.
  9. but not as their worst I think ATYCLB will never be considered one of their worst, although, if it would have been released right now, it wouldn't be received as well I guess. HTDAAB was also received well, but mainly because of great singles: Vertigo and COBL, Sometimes You Can't. Otherwise it's a pretty average record. So, if SOE is better than these two, hats of to them
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy:I think my main annoyance with this new album is going to be that it shouldn’t exist. They should not have released SOI until they knew what they truly wanted from it. Going from producer to producer didn’t help then the massive delay with SOE. I reckon there will be one truly great album in there but the band have chosen to split it into two.
    They should have released it as double album or two albums wit maximum one year gap... Then would (almost) all make sense... But I loved SOI except for 2 songs, will see how will SOE sound...
  11. Originally posted by dieder:[..]
    but not as their worst I think ATYCLB will never be considered one of their worst, although, if it would have been released right now, it wouldn't be received as well I guess. HTDAAB was also received well, but mainly because of great singles: Vertigo and COBL, Sometimes You Can't. Otherwise it's a pretty average record. So, if SOE is better than these two, hats of to them
    to me ATYCLB and HTDAAB are their worst albums (the latter is worse)... so being better than those or best since thoes really doesn't say anything to me (average? good? similar like those two?)