1. I'm a u2 fan since I was 10 so from 2001 and ATYCLB. And I have to say, the anticipation for an upcoming hasnt been larger than for SOE, I just cant bloody wait, I cant stop thinking about it.

When I heard The little things, I was, mmmm nice.
    Then that version of The Blackout came out, I was just jumping around at work on the chorus (it is gonna be fun live) non stop.
    The best thing and GOOYOW. Well I didnt like them at first but now I friggin love them.
    I like AS and I dont mind the you are rock n roll part, but I think the song deserves a stronger chorus.

All in all, I am totally positive and I know its going to be an epic motherf***ker of an album.
    We've got 8 more songs to hear and I really think they are holding the best for the release.
    We are all going to be swiped away with this album, I can tell you that.

Uhhh, sorry for the long post but I am dying here and I had to get this off my chest.
    Cheets!
  2. Good positive post , songs are rocking, the album's gonna be mega, too many 'Forensic Examiners' about!......enjoy!
  3. Originally posted by parzival:[..]
    at the time of realsing soi, it was only a digital format, physical album relaease was months later. with soe there will be a physical release along withnthe streaming services, the albums have to be transported to the shops, so..leak is much more plausible then back in 2014
    Yes, I'm guessing it will leak somewhere next week.
  4. ...planning to go to the stores in the coming days, just in case someone is not that scrupulous about not selling it before dec 1st.
  5. I really wish the band could see this comment because they need a kick up the arse, 4 songs already released in such a short period of time is unheard of, does that mean they have no faith in this album and realliy want to get it out there, i dunno. I have been a huge fan for years, and seen them many times live, so im not just someone who fancies a moan, but i am so dissappointed with this new material, i really wanted to give the new songs a chance, but sorry i just cant, American soul is the final straw, give it up lads i would rather you bowed out gracefully, than releasing inferior material.
  6. Originally posted by U2tisno:I'm a u2 fan since I was 10 so from 2001 and ATYCLB. And I have to say, the anticipation for an upcoming hasnt been larger than for SOE, I just cant bloody wait, I cant stop thinking about it.

When I heard The little things, I was, mmmm nice.
    Then that version of The Blackout came out, I was just jumping around at work on the chorus (it is gonna be fun live) non stop.
    The best thing and GOOYOW. Well I didnt like them at first but now I friggin love them.
    I like AS and I dont mind the you are rock n roll part, but I think the song deserves a stronger chorus.

All in all, I am totally positive and I know its going to be an epic motherf***ker of an album.
    We've got 8 more songs to hear and I really think they are holding the best for the release.
    We are all going to be swiped away with this album, I can tell you that.

Uhhh, sorry for the long post but I am dying here and I had to get this off my chest.
    Cheets!

No need to apologize. I’m the opposite. I’m quite worried about this album but it’s great to read your post and your excitement. Hope you’re right! Either way, good or bad, we’re getting a new album only 3 years after the last. Which is a rarity
  7. I think we’re at a point now where I could say people shouldn’t be judging the album before they’ve heard it all but then I can also accept that 5 songs (i’m Including little things) is a big chunk from an album and if you really don’t like all or even 4 out of the 5 that’s going to have a seriously negative impact on the individuals view of the album. I personally think it’s all to play for, I love Little Things, and I really like GOOYOW and Blackout, then best Thing and American soul are decent. Decent (6/10) isn’t a very good score for me on a u2 album so the other 8 have work to do but based on some of the reviews and my general gut feeling I think we’ve yet to hear the best or at least joint best with little things. I certainly think the band have got plenty more to come in the future too, even if full albums don’t live up to the expectation they’ll always have a handful of songs in amongst an album that make it worth the wait. I hate the idea of the finality of them saying that’s it we’re not releasing new music. So much of the excitement of being a u2 fan is lost then. Thankfully Bono seemed to suggest there’s plenty more to come in a recent interview so I’m glad that the end isn’t too near.
  8. Originally posted by electricwar1:I really wish the band could see this comment because they need a kick up the arse, 4 songs already released in such a short period of time is unheard of, does that mean they have no faith in this album and realliy want to get it out there, i dunno. I have been a huge fan for years, and seen them many times live, so im not just someone who fancies a moan, but i am so dissappointed with this new material, i really wanted to give the new songs a chance, but sorry i just cant, American soul is the final straw, give it up lads i would rather you bowed out gracefully, than releasing inferior material.
    Bye!! Go listen to swift....
  9. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion im just giving mine, if you like the new songs then thats ok, im not going to argue that, i just think this album is going to be a dissapointment to many fans out there.
  10. I haven’t heard anything offensive yet.
    That speak volumes.
    We are million miles away from SOI and NLOTH promo nightmares, they’ve learned their lesson.

Some wonderful lyrics and solos so far, not a piece of trash, an ATM or sexy boot in sight.

GO U2
  11. The songs we've heard so far, are overproduced, have plenty of U2isms, and are very pop and radio friendly.

Despite all that, I'm really loving the new songs.

The album will be overproduced, will have plenty of U2isms, will be very pop and radio friendly.

Despite all that, I really believe that I'll love the new album.
    If the rest of the album is on par with the songs we've heard so far, it'll land mid table for me, along with War, NLOTH, RAH... if the rest of the album is better, it'll be great to have this one reaching the top half of U2 albums ever.