1. Originally posted by patssox95:nothing more boring, redundant and useless than hearing this band talk about an album that they are "working" on...hope the rest of the interview is entertaining though. will listen shortly.
    Theres nothing boring, redundant or useless about this interview. Humorous, entertaining and enlightening about a few things that have been talked about in forums... anybody pick up on the Edge discussing concentrating on "marks"?
  2. Yes! And Adam had another great one that doesnt get much love as well...

3. Larry's hopes are raised every time Bono snippets MOS that he'll maybe segue into the full song.

That night when Bono snippetted during Beautiful Day and Bad was great for him.

4. OK... Larry top 3 U2 songs (which he says could change tomorrow) Cedarwood Road, One, Sunday Bloody Sunday

Edge: RTSS, UTEOTW, WTSHNN

Bono: Miss Sarajevo (but says he doesn't like singing it without Pavarotti) Stay, and EBW

Adam (the big winner in my eyes) Heartland, A Man And A Woman, MOS
  5. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]

OK... Larry top 3 U2 songs (which he says could change tomorrow) Cedarwood Road, One, Sunday Bloody Sunday

Edge: RTSS, UTEOTW, WTSHNN

Bono: Miss Sarajevo (but says he doesn't like singing it without Pavarotti) Stay, and EBW

Adam (the big winner in my eyes) Heartland, A Man And A Woman, MOS
    Hahhahahaa Adam's favourite is A Man And A Woman, and the very only time U2 have performed it was in Bono+Edge format. How ironic xD
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Hahhahahaa Adam's favourite is A Man And A Woman, and the very only time U2 have performed it was in Bono+Edge format. How ironic xD
    It's a very bass centric song, that's for sure. Too bad the band stays so far away from their personal prefs.
  7. This is really one of the best U2 interviews I've ever listened in my life. I can totally relate to how the interviewers felt regarding having "THE U2" sitting in front of them after having followed them for years. Wow. The band sound relaxed, funny and just totally into it, and give a lot of information even to not common questions. Wow. It's even better since I'm not a native speaker so I miss some things here and there, and keep coming back to re-listen to it
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:This is really one of the best U2 interviews I've ever listened in my life. I can totally relate to how the interviewers felt regarding having "THE U2" sitting in front of them after having followed them for years. Wow. The band sound relaxed, funny and just totally into it, and give a lot of information even to not common questions. Wow. It's even better since I'm not a native speaker so I miss some things here and there, and keep coming back to re-listen to it
    I agree. And I believe the environment (and knowing the context of the podcast and the interviewrs backgrounds) made it easier for the band to relax and not feel like they were on a "typical" press interview... It was like they were offering up information rather than only giving up details they were specifically asked about.

I really love the end when the guys were describing Bono's passion when he was playing new songs for them...

I actually kinda think tonights Town Hall interview will be anticlimactic to this interview...
  10. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    It's a very bass centric song, that's for sure. Too bad the band stays so far away from their personal prefs.
    Yeah... Seems like Larry & Edge are the big winners here...
  11. Larry and Edge have similar voices too. It's hard to tell when it's one or the other speaking
  12. I don't like the whole "we're moving away from albums, and exploring songs instead" stuff after acknlowledging the importance of Invisible and Crystal Ballroom Last news we had were U2 fighting for albums to be appreciatd as a whole, now they go totally the other way round!?